Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bell's swollen Lip

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by SarahGibson, Oct 23, 2012.

1. SarahGibson

SarahGibson PetForums Newbie

Hi there.
    This is my first post on this forum, I stumbled across it during my google search for "Cats Swollen Lip". I read through a couple of threads and thought you're kind nice people who could possibly help.

I have a 7month old Cat named Bell. He recently fell (Jumped...) out of my bedroom window, up the stairs... He keeps trying to get out. Well, he grazed his chin, and I cleaned it with some salt water, and it healed fine... However, now his lip is a bit swollen... I saw a Graze on one side of it, but that has healed (somewhat) now, and the scab is ready to fall off... But now the swelling has spread to the other side of his lip, and the bottom of his nose seems a bit swollen to me...
    I can hear his breathing which I've never been able to do before...
    He is an indoor cat, and hasn't been neutered yet, don't know if any of them are relevant, but I thought I'd include everything.

Other than me being an over protective Mumma and worrying, he seems fine, he is cuddling still, rubbing his face on everything he can, eating fine, pooping fine, and doesn't seem to be in any pain, he lets me look at it and touch it with no problem, no fussing.

I'm including some photos for you to have a look at and see what you think. :)
    The brown bits are food that are stuck, I keep removing them, but he just keeps eating! :p

[​IMG]
    In this you can see the scab on the left hand side of his lip, this is where the swelling started, but has gone down considerably. Now just his entire mouth looks swollen... But again, nowhere near as bad as it was..

[​IMG]
    In this photo, you can see 2 white little bums at the bottom of his nose, and they're new... I've never seen them before.
    my Fiance told me I'm worrying too much, but hes my babe... and I don't want him to be miserable and in pain! You can also see where he scabbed his chin, with a bit of food on it... -____-

Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated, and I appreciate your time.

Thanks in Advance x

#1 SarahGibson, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

with any falls from a height i would recommend seeing the vet, it may be that theres an infection in which case warm salt water would draw this out to a certain extent, maybe antibiotics would be better.
    i hope he gets better soon but to be honest if he was my cat i would want a vet to check.:)

3. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Ouch! Have you had him checked at the vets? For peace of mind and potentially save problems later on I would definatly get him checked over. Its impossible to say what could be wrong..you need an expert! Hope all goes well and let us know how you get on

4. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Sound advice above,if he hasnt been to the vet for a check I would book him in tomorrow if only to rule out any damage caused by the fall.
    I'm sure you are planning to have him neutered but ,personally I wouldnt wait much longer,this may be behind his desire to "escape" and also he may start to "spray" and believe me you dont want that to happen :eek: it stinks.

5. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

riley was neutered at 5 months..did not change him personality wise but did stop the male hormones!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice