Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bells palsy???

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by purrlover, Jul 12, 2009.

1. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

hi all just over 10 years ago i had bells palsy , it was very bad at the time:(
    and even though its been 10 years i still have weakness on the right side of my face , with my eyelid and mouth still not moving.. i however have learned to live with it :) , i just wondered if any one else has experienced this at some point in their lives
    julie xx

2. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Hi Purrlover - sounds like you've had a really rough time. I don't know anyone that's had bell's palsy, but do know it's not nice. Just a thought - have you tried to google for chat groups/info. I've done that before when I've had different ailments & have found some great info & help forums out there. Sorry if you already have - just found it a great help to me x

3. purrlover

hi ya ,yes i did go to a group for a while but i didnt find it a great help , i also had electrodes i had to wear for so many hours per day , that also didnt help ! i have no feeling in my right side just a sort of sensation type feeling , but its really funnny i can spot a mile off anyone thats had bells palsy , even slight cases , im very aware of the "droop" tha tcomes with it.. i always try to look on the bright side if this is all i get in my life ive done rather well!!
    its very common when you start to notice it .. mind you theres lots of cases of it only lasting a couple of weeks .. the more serious cases last longer or never get better ... trust that to be me :001_tt2:
    julie xx

4. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

My aunt had this years ago. It took a long time for her to fully recover.

Hang in there! :)

5. purrlover

thanks im not doing to bad , when im really tired or ill it looks worse then, but my dr says its about as good as it will get , i was just wondering if any other pf member had it?
    juliex

6. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

My mother had it bad twenty years ago. Never forget it lol we were flying out to Barbados that evening and she got started on a high dose of steroids and told to avoid the sun!
    It resolved fairly quick with no residual weakness and she came home with a better tan than me :)

7. purrlover

glad it worked out for your mum .. i didnt get offered steriods cos my daughter was 6 weeks old at the time and i was breastfeeding ... which i think i should have been given the choice really

julie xx

8. 3 red dogs

3 red dogs PetForums VIP

gotta say, its something i never heard of, but from reading other posts about it hun, it don't sound like a bundle of laffs..
    All we have to deal with is ADHD.. seems small in comparison to your problems.
    keep smiling hun!!

9. purrlover

hey it my best bud! hows it doing matee?
    im ok with my bells ive learned to live with it , its the eating out thats a bit hard cos i tend to make a mess ! haha

adhd is hard also , my nephew suffers with it and hes on the autism scale also , soi know its not easy ..esp when you get those looks!! you know the ones i mean ;)
    julie xx

10. Debi

Debi PetForums Member

my husband had it a few years ago. luckily he recovered fully and it meant they couldn't send him back to Iraq (he was still in the army then).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice