Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Belgian Man Dies By Euthanasia After Failed Sex Change Operation

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by lisa0307, Oct 2, 2013.

1. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

2. SirHiss

SirHiss Guest

That is so horribly sad.

The comments from the mum are so disturbing:(

I cannot begin to imagine what it must be like, to leave this world so unloved:(

3. lisa0307

lisa0307 PetForums VIP

The comments really were awful....makes me ashamed to be human :(

4. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

very sad, but why on earth would euthanasia be used for something like that? apart from the botched surgery he was healthy, why was he not offered counselling? the option of seeing another surgeon, why would you put someone down for something that could of perhaps been treated or resolved, perhaps made his life bearable, I am completely for euthanasia, but for the sick and dying, for people with no quality of life, not for people who are perhaps depressed and need help, this is so wrong on so many levels, his mothers comments are awful too, I wonder if she ever really wanted to be a he or was just doing it to please the parents.

5. chichi

chichi Banned

OMG, no wonder the poor guy had psychological issues, with an awful woman like that for a Mother.

The thought of one of my kids dying before me, sends shivers down my spine. So unnatural for a Mother to feel like that about her own flesh and blood!

I know that not every woman is naturally maternal but she was just callous and cold.

Rest in peace, Nathan x

6. metame

metame PetForums VIP

Thats really sad.
    May he rest in peace.

7. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

That woman doesn't deserve the title of 'mother' after making such disgraceful comments.

That poor bloke went through so much, simply to please his family, and it was all for nothing.

RIP Nathan. May your troubled soul now be at peace.

8. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

This is just so terribly tragic and upsetting.

How much more lonely could a person be?

An entire lifetime of mental and physical torment, rejected by his own mother, tortured by failed hopes and left with no other option than to ask someone to kindly end his suffering.

I've been such a fortunate little 845T4RD in this life.

9. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

How heartbreaking :(

Not sure you can even truly call it euthanasia/suicide in this case - I think I'd have to go with filicide-by-proxy, as the poor girl had obviously spent a lifetime going to extremes trying to please and be accepted by her 'only-boys-are-worthy' mother, even to the extent of a sex change operation, only to eventually decide she was worthless when finally realising it was impossible no matter what.

10. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

I think stories like these remind us that, no matter how bad we feel life has treated us, there is always someone who has had it so much worse than us. :(

11. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

A shame death is more welcoming then self acceptance, and says a lot about societys retardation.

12. Jesthar

Jesthar PetForums VIP

Don't think you can blame society for this one, the buck stops firmly with the mother...

13. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Thats true.

14. Zaros

It's the other side of the looking glass Moggy.

There by the grace of God.

How fortunate we should consider ourselves, yet how ungrateful we often prove to be.

MoggyBaby likes this.
  15. Zaros

Because death offers us the comfort that life deprived us of.

16. Mulish

Mulish Just a Little Penguin

I understand your point as when I first started reading the article I expected it to be about a botched op leaving him in unbearable, irreparable physical pain. But as I read on and saw what his 'mother' had to say, I realised he was suffering unbearably, albeit mentally. Maybe counselling could have helped, maybe he'd tried it before and it hadn't.

Ultimately, he wanted to die and euthanasia was kinder than allowing him to try suicide, surely? Poor man deserved some kindness shown to him after being raised by a parent like that. Hope he's found some peace now :(

17. Bellaboo1

Bellaboo1 PetForums VIP

Terribly sad, made me cry. How could a parent be like that to their child. Rest in peace :(

18. redroses2106

redroses2106 PetForums VIP

sorry I just cannot agree with euthanasia being used for this purpose, so so so many things could of been done to help this person live their life, anti-depressants, therapy, referral to another surgeon, the doctor who performed this is no less than a murderer imo, the poor man deserved the chance of life, his mother sounds like an evil bitch, by all accounts, and I am sure mentally he wasn't well, I just strongly feel not enough was done to help, euthanasia should only be used in very severe cases, it seems like it is just being used for anything here, without trying to solve the problem first, a very sad story all round really.

19. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

In the Netherlands, the patient has to be at least 12 years old to be euthanised and patients between 12 and 16 years of age require the consent of their parents.

?????????? Are they serious?????? a 12 year old child can be killed????? and the doctor in this case didn´t think of offering por Nathan anything better than to kill him, his whole world considered him a waste of space and so did this medical man. I don´t understand how this is posible?????

20. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

wtf.. thats outrageous :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice