Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Belated birth announcement

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by lizward, Aug 9, 2009.

1. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Born to Tresbeau Simply Trudie by Ch Emerisle Raffles Ofcairnie on Friday: five Asian kittens. Not quite sure what they are yet.

Sorry to kitties but I can give no birth details at all for these, the little darling hid herself very well indeed. That is not difficult round here admittedly, but this really was impressive - I have only just located the kittens half an hour ago and then only by squeaks, and that was not through want of trying, Mum just appeared for food twice a day and then refused to go back as long as she thought I was watching, and I haven't heard any squeaks until today despite having been very close to the nest several times without realising it. It's her first litter (unless you count a single stillborn kitten last time) but obviously she didn't need any help!

Getting them out was not easy and Mum will be very annoyed no doubt, but although they were safe where they were, I prefer to know where they are - had a cat once (years ago) move an entire litter into the large allotment over the back from us (by jumping through an upstairs window then coming back in through the one way only cat flap, one day when I was out, no kidding), I do not want a repeat performance of that! They are now safely enclosed where they were supposed to be all along. Now I just need to persuade Mum that she wants them there!

Liz

2. abbscats

abbscats PetForums Member

Glad to hear that the kittens have arrived safely and they are where they need to be. They do like their privacy dont they or is it just to keep us on our toes??

Congratulations

3. rottiesloveragdolls

aww bless her :D well done mummy cat :) and you for eventualy finding them

4. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

aHH CONGRATULATIONS I BET THERE SO GORG AND GLAD ALL IS GOING WELL.

5. JoWDC

JoWDC PetForums VIP

Congratulations on your new furbabies - well done Mum.

6. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh wow! how amazing! Im keeping Amber locked in the living room her last week so they are only born there.

Cant wait to see pics. So exciting! I felt our kittens for the first time last night in her tummy, so getting really excited for the big day. What day was she due? Did she go early , on time or over?

7. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

well done mummy! :D

8. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

yay! more kittens! well done mum.

9. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Kitties, don't panic, they do normally make it very obvious when the kittens are imminent, they start desperately searching for somewhere to have them. I thought I had shut Trudie in but the cage has two doors and like a fool I didn't realise I had left the other open. When I went back to check on her she had vanished. It was day 66.

The kittens are tiny and only one looks at all well fed, Trudie appears to have very little milk. Cassie, with only three kittens, has a vast amount of milk, so time for a little evening out of litters later, I think!

Liz

10. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

oh really will cassie take to one thats not her own?

11. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

congratulations, keep us posted as to how you get on,:D

12. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

O gosh yes, no difficulty at all, mother cats will even mother other species!

Liz

13. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

congratulations on the little my mums cat lost all but one kitten a few years back and just took a kitten from one of the rescue cats and she kept going to try and get the other ones. its sweet how other cats will usually happily take on other kittens and treat them as their own so fingers crossed for the introduction to cassie

14. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Aww that's great news. So is that 3 from one girl and 5 from another girl ? 8 kittens :0

Now go look for that camera lead will you ? ;)

15. _soph_

_soph_ PetForums Junior

Congratulations how lovely!!

What a funny story!:D Can I ask where you found the kittens?

16. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

congrats on the new kitties Liz. I hope mum will be happy with them in your choice of nest :) hope it works out ok with sharing the babes with Cassie too

17. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

She's not showing a lot of interest in them - I just put her back after a break of three hours and the kittens didn't squeak which suggests she wasn't even washing them. She has little milk and her smallest kitten is only half the weight of Cassie's largest even though in terms of age post conception it is actually a day older. The two smallest kittens, which are now with Cassie, are lively enough and rooting for nipples but of course they are competing with larger kittens, but at least Cassie has plenty of milk.

Liz

18. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Oh glad they are getting some milk. Is there anything can be done to Escapeemums milk to come in ?

19. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Not that I know of. She seems to be able to feed the three I have left with her OK, it's just a matter of getting the two tinies fed. They're still active and acting normally, it's just that they don't seem to be getting much. I did try hand feeding them this morning but they didn't want to know.

Liz

20. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Ohh... but is Cassie feeding these 2 tiniest?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice