Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Being too friendly towards people

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by SEVEN_PETS, Apr 21, 2011.

1. SEVEN_PETS

SEVEN_PETS PetForums VIP

Ollie has started pulling towards people in a friendly way. This is a problem because most people round here do not like dogs, so I've always tried to reward him for ignoring other people and walking calmly past them. Unfortunately, this training seems to have relapsed and he's now being too friendly towards people.

To correct this, should I get him to heel when passing people or get him to sit when people pass? Which do you think would work better?

2. lexie2010

lexie2010 PetForums Senior

i get lexie to sit if it is practical as then the approach is slower and you can work on making them focus on you completely and as the person is within touching distance i treat her to remind her its me she needs to look at not others. i get her to walk close for other distractions like cyclists or kids getting off school bus if she sees that up ahead as she is very interested in what everyone else is up to-(think she reckons she rules the world!)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice