Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Being Petty and Nervous...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Booties, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Booties

Booties PetForums Senior

This probably doesn't warrant a whole thread, but I'm visiting the breeder tomorrow, and I'm so nervous!

I'm on my own in the house for a few days, so I have nobody to complain to other than you guys :(

I have put so much thought and research and time into choosing a malamute, and I have wanted one for a good few years... I have everything ready for it, I'm staying up all night thinking about it... But what if I meet the breeder tomorrow and they don't like me? :(

I mean, I live in the middle of the countryside, and work from home, plus I have experience with dogs... But the house I live in isn't huge (it's not small, but it's your average house) and I'm fairly young, not with a family of my own or anything....

Aaaagh! I'm just so worried that they're going to say I'm not suitable, and I'll come home bawling my eyes out, etc. etc.

I feel like it's my first day of school or something;
    "Mummy, what if they don't like me?"

Bah! :(

2. Weezawoo

Weezawoo PetForums VIP

I thought the same when I got my pup, I have never bought my own dog before, and I live in a town so I thought they would avoid that as it was a collie cross.

I am super nervous about having to talk to people but it went really well in the end, still in touch with the breeder as she likes to know how pup is doing, even though she isn't a pure breed its still really nice that she cares!

I hope it went well today :)

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Hope all went well; I was massively nervous when I went to meet Kilo and Rudi's breeder for the first time too!

4. astara

astara PetForums Senior

good luck you'll do gr8 i cant see any reason they'd turn you down from wot you said you have researched are expienced and live in the countyside which is great for dogs have a lil faith i sure u will meet there exspections good luck with ur pup pics please wen u have him/her i love mals and huskeys but know they have high prey drive and need alot of stimulation and excerise there my OH favorite breed next to labs :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice