Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Behaviourist Tyne & Wear

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by cardaph, Jun 11, 2010.

1. cardaph

cardaph PetForums Junior

[​IMG]

Have decided the only way forward with Bessie's separation anxiety is to book a consultation with a behaviourist. There are however few of them in this area. I was given one by my vet - Carrie Evans who runs Cleveland Clever Canines and another I found on the net is David Holmes of Diamond Dog Behaviour Consultancy, both read well on their websites but am wondering if anyone from this area has used either of them? Or know of any others around here?

2. lemmsy

lemmsy PetForums VIP

Not familiar with either of the behaviourists mentioned but a quick look on their websites revealed that one (David Holmes) is a member of the APDT and is well qualified. He describes the methods he uses as "Our approach is humane, is reward based and involves no punishment whatsoever." So sounds good :thumbup:

Similarly Carrie Evans also seems to be a member of the APDT, APBC and COAPE and looks to be well qualified and experienced. So another :thumbup:

A quick search on the APDT website also found this one who may be worth looking into:

Hope this helps :)

3. cardaph

cardaph PetForums Junior

[​IMG]

Thanks for the reply Lemmsy. I will have a look at the other one you found. I was favouring David Holmes but can't find him on the APDT membership list which is a bit worrying

4. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you are still struggling. :( We are getting there slowly, but do have to plan trips out. Hope the behavorist help you. Keep us updated. :)

5. BigBearsRule

BigBearsRule PetForums Senior

Hi,
    Have you tried talking to Brian Sleightholme at Hillheads Dog Club, Hillheads he does training classes and he also does one to one stuff.He is based in North Shields, and runs classes in Whitley Bay. If nothing else he may be able to point you in the right direction.

6. cardaph

cardaph PetForums Junior

[​IMG]

Thanks Sue yes still struggling and making no progress at all, but pleased to hear you are having some success.

Bigbearsrule - yes I've heard of Brian and looked at his website it may as you say be worthwhile contacting him for some advice

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice