UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Think this is in the wrong section :) But good message anyway though rescue dogs just aren`t for me ;)

·
Registered
6,420 Posts
Well, while I agree there are many rescue dogs needing homes, sometimes rescue centres can have strange ideas about who can actually look after a dog, like thinking that people need to be home all day with them etc. I will be looking for a puppy next time after we rescued Amber from a back yard breeder; after her, it'll be nice to have a puppy we can raise with a better temperament.

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe get a puppy from a Rescue centre?

This guys 10 weeks old

CLAUDE : 10 weeks old, chocolate tri colour, collie cross male

·
Registered
10,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Your dog is gorgeous :)

Very cute but definitely not a chocolate tri, more like sable and white ;)
ah, but does he doesnt know or care...

TBH a photograph cannot truly relate the colours

These 2 pics show what I mean...

·
Registered
10,125 Posts
Think this is in the wrong section :) But good message anyway though rescue dogs just aren`t for me ;)
If you register with breed specific rescue I am sure you could find a puppy of your chosen breed for the cost of the rescue fee (Usually around the £200 mark) and know you have helped a dog in need - Not lined the pockets of a BYB.

Well, while I agree there are many rescue dogs needing homes, sometimes rescue centres can have strange ideas about who can actually look after a dog, like thinking that people need to be home all day with them etc. I will be looking for a puppy next time after we rescued Amber from a back yard breeder; after her, it'll be nice to have a puppy we can raise with a better temperament.
Rescues have puppies to ;) and if you are interested in a specific breed try registering in advance with a breed spcific rescue. Plus I think its a tad short sighted to suggest that even slightly older dogs who have come from a rescue background doesnt mean they wont have fab temperaments.

I know of people who have had a puppy from 8 weeks who have 10X more problems than we have with Millie who we got at 10 months.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.