Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Before I post for loving homes again

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by clareuk, Sep 20, 2013.

1. clareuk

clareuk PetForums Member

Hi all, before I post looking for loving homes again for 2 kittens,
    I would like to get it right this time. The centre who will be neutering the kittens don't do it until the kittens are 16 weeks old. How am I best to word my post? Do I say - 1, I will need to keep the kittens until they are 18 weeks old
    2, the kittens can be neutered at 16 weeks, keep in touch with me once they have taken the kittens and I can advise them of the neutering date
    Or 3, give them the option to arrange the neutering themselves?

Apart from the above, can I ask your opinion on the below so far. I don't want to cause a debate for saying the wrong thing again. Thanks all

Hi all
    My cat came to us pregnant unawares to us. she had 3 beautiful kittens but unfortunately we are only able to keep one. therefore, I have 2 adorable kittens whom I believe one is a boy milo and the other a girl Bella needing a forever loving home. I would really like the kittens to go together as they love to play with each other and enjoy each others company. I am in the Liverpool area. If anyone is looking for kittens, please contact me. The kittens are currently 6 weeks old on Tuesday 24th. They will receive their injections at 9 weeks and 12 weeks, they will be flea treated and wormed"

....Then depending on the neutering I would ask for £50 per kitten if I arrange the neutering or £40 if the new owner arranges it. Any advice appreciated?

2. koekemakranka

koekemakranka PetForums VIP

I wouldn't rely on people arranging their own neuterings. People often "forget" :incazzato:. Best to have the neutering non negotiable, they pay the 50 Pound (10 Pounds seems like a bargain anyway) and you can arrange with the vet for a non cash redeemable "voucher" for the op when kitten is ready. I have found that if the op is pre-paid, people are more likely not to "forget".;)

3. clareuk

clareuk PetForums Member

Oh I didn't know I could do that, that's a brilliant idea! When the centre calls me back to arrange a date ill ask about a voucher. I know £15 for girls £10 for boys, its brilliant and really really will help us out considering we werent expecting our kitty cat to have 3 kittens, vet bills, food and litter costs. I know it was very naive of us in hindsight to assume she wasn't pregnant but it's happened now and we have looked after them all and I wish I could keep them all but money won't stretch to 4 cats unfortunately. They set up thr scheme so more people would get their cats "done". We got our sooty from the same centre in 1993, we had to arrange for her to be neutered ourselves back then though and wait until she was 6 months old.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice