Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Been to derek acorah show.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Pampered pets, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

Well i did it :) for those who remember someone from sky posting a message wanting pets to go and be filmed for Derek Acorah's new show, well i bravely/stupidly whichever way you look at it lol lol volunteered.

So today my friend and i travelled four hours to london with dogs and ferrets to be filmed, it was a great day not at all scary like i thought i was quite chilled actually the aniamls were very well behaved to.

All the staff fel;l in love with my dog Bracca but sadly the message i got was that ours is not the right household for him :( it has crossed my mind before as he is a different dog when alone and im just not geting anywhere and the general feeling was he would eb much happier and come on in leaps and bounds being an only pet as he gets to worked up and possessive around the other aniamls meaning he can never chill or switch off, not what i wanted to hear really but was still a great day out, glad i went.

not sure i want to watch myself on tv though lol

2. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Hope you had a good time!

I personally cannot abide the man

3. Pampered pets

I know he is controversial but im very much into the paranormal so it was a fun day out for me and was better then slouching at home lol

Think i might take up a carreer in tv lol i loved it.

Ladywiccana likes this.
  4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

He's been proven to be a fraud, so i wouldnt take what he said to heart.

Personally i think thats a very heartless and mean thing to say to someone whos an animal lover. Id be gutted if someone told me my dogs didnt want to live with me.

Im glad you had a nice time though. Certainly is something different.

1 person likes this.
  5. Pampered pets

He said Bracca wanted to saty with me but he woudl prefare a home on his own and that would probably be best for him, bet they dont air it lol but they better bloody had after 8 hrs travelling and 4 hours waiting around.

6. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Glad you enjoyed the day! Take the message you got with a pinch of salt though. I like Derek very much ( laughing at 'most haunted' helped get me through university) but I'm not sure I'd trust what was said as gospel. People can very often read what you subconsiously worry about. I think your the best person to understand what your pet needs.

And be sure to set the video to record. You'll regret it if you don't! :):)

xx

7. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

I'm sure your Bracca is happy just where he is! :)

8. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Derek Acorah could tell me his name was Derek Acorah and i'd have trouble believing him :rolleyes:

Don't take to heart what he said and don't dwell on it...they have to make it interesting to keep people watching ;) and unfortunately sometimes that means it's not always what the people being interviewed or whatever want to hear :(

9. Pampered pets

I do worry he isnt happy though as he has so many problmes, if i had as many problems as Bracca did id be suicidal :(

I do think in hindsight he most definatley without a doubt be better as a single dog but as i have him now im niot sure i coudl part with him.

when it came to filming i went into makeup and then the studio while bracca was outside, thenplan was they were going to bring him to me i said you may have trouble as he is difficult but they said i can handle a 15stone rottie i can manage bracca, she returned five mins later said she coudlnt get him to budge lol i had to go and get him and he came with me straight away so i took that to mean he loves and trusts me.

10. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I too enjoy the paranormal, but seriously Derek Acorah! totally ignore whatever this guy has said. He prays on people he is not genuine.

11. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

If Bracca wont budge for them who 'know what they are doing' but will do anythig for you then he is obvioulsy happy with you :)

I'd never be brave enough to go get filmed! :eek: Lol

x

12. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

I'm glad that you had a good time even if you didn't get the kind of message you wanted to hear. I'd say the same as everyone else, I wouldn't read to much into what was said to you.

I went to see Derek at one of his medium shows. Bit of entertainment as nothing much happens round here in this little backwater. It was entertaining and Derek is a great showman, but that's all he is at the end of the day an entertainer and a showman.

13. Pampered pets

Yes when they coudlnt get Bracca in the studio it made me realise how much he trusts me especially being such a nervous dog, i thought i would also struggle to get him in (woudlnt of forced him though ) but he just walked with me and sat so quiet on stage i was so proud of him knowing how fearful he is, i think sending him somehere else could break his trust as he woudl think id abandoned him, im the only person he isnt frightened of so ill stick at it, he is worth it .

I thought i woudl bottle out when it came down to actually filming it especailly after hanging around for hours but i loved it, i felt very calm but not sure what will come over on tv lol i have the bug now, might becoem a tv extra lol

Thanks everyone :)

[​IMG]

Just so you can se who im talking about, this is Bracca. :)

[​IMG]

He was frightened of the water and wouldnt go any closer lol

#13 Pampered pets, Jul 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2009
  14. Ladywiccana

Ladywiccana PetForums VIP

Wow lucky you :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: .

Altho Derek is supposed to be a fraud, I guess he is in some cases, but if thats the case, why hasnt he been charged with anything?? Because there are laws now on mediums and the like!

I also believe him to be fraudulent, but that doesnt stop me liking him, because he really makes me laugh when he's on T.V.

I wouldnt say his mediumship is fraudulent, just the posessions that he used to have on most haunted pmsl that really used to crack me up pmsl :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:.

I think one of the best mediums is Colin Fry (I love ya colin if ya watchin hehe ;) :smilewinkgrin: )

Dont take to heart what derek said about your dog, cos when you go to mediums, or tarot or what ever kind of reading you have, you are supposed to leave feeling well and happy, not sad or down!

Still it sounds as though you had a great day :D :D So thats all that matters really!

15. Pampered pets

yes it was all a bit of light hearted fun and an interesting day, how often do you get to go to tv studios for the day? so it was just one of those days to look back on in the fututre.

i love colin fry to, and tony stockwell.

16. Ladywiccana

I dont know why??? :idea: lol but im not very taken wiv Tony Stockwell sowwee Tony ;) hehe :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin: But do love Colin and TJ Higgs :smilewinkgrin:

17. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

What about David Wells? I love him, he's like a giant teddy bear :D

18. Ladywiccana

lol yes i see what you mean, but im afraid i cannay take to him either lmao, i think its sommat to do wiv him pinching dereks job lmao. So i never really gave the guy a chance, but i guess i should now eh?? hehe :001_tt2: :smilewinkgrin: :smilewinkgrin:

19. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Apparently Tony Stockwell and Derek have had a wee falling out. Tony Stockwell called Derek a fake because he was dropped from The Three Mediums Tour for TJ Higgs.

BadPsychics By Jon Donni - News

Handbags at 20 paces anyone?

20. Ladywiccana

What they dropped Tony Stockwell????? lol thats made my day hehe, sorry i just dong like him, i prefer Tracey any day lol. And if it was tony they dropped, well then its just sour grapes aint it???

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice