Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Been out for a walk

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Freyja, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

with 6 of my whippets. The 4 youngest Angel and Owen. They were on coupling chains in pairs walking quite happily along the road.

A man was standing by his gate saw me walking along and at the top of his voice said OH MY GOD. Then at his feet I saw or rather heard a jrt nasty sounding thing trying to get at my dogs through the gate. Snapping, snarling really vicious sounding. My lot just walked on by and didn't even look at his dog they were to busy waching me. The man didn't once try to correct his dog good help mine if it had managed to get out. My dogs would have acted as a pack if it had got out and attacked them. Yet he felt it right to make a comment about me walking 6 dogs all under control when he couldn't or wouldn't control his own dog in his own garden. There were also children playing nearby.

2. Sitmus

Sitmus PetForums Member

This happens with Sunny all the time. I'll walk by someones garden and I can't see inside, because there is a 6ft fense, and a dark'll just start barking his head off. Sunny doesn't care at all. :) He's just like, "Where are we going next?".

When the next door neighbours son comes over with his dog, and its in the garden barking its head off. He'll bark, growl, show his teeth and try to get at Sunny. All Sunny does is just sniff him (there's fence panels in the way) or just ignore him completely.

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I had a similar experience yesterday. I was walking my boys across a field (both on leads) where they were setting up for a car show, when this little terrier thing legged it over to us, barking and growling and generally being annoying. Its owner picked it up, gave me a dirty look and then said to the dog "you poor little thing, they would have made mincemeat out of you", and walked off.
    My boys didnt even growl just stood there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice