Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Been doing some digging on Makita's past

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I am so frustrated and angry, I may not have any right to because it doesnt change the beautiful gorgeous boy who is curled up by my feet right now but I am so gutted for Makita now I have found out a little about his past.

Turns out we are at least owner number 3. I emailed the gentleman we picked him up from with an update for his wife on how he is getting on, as requested, with plenty of pictures. I also asked where he got him from, I wish I hadnt asked.

He got him from Gumtree :mad: a few weeks ago! As we thought he only knows Hungarian (We figured this pretty quick via there names and Makitas non exsting ability to sit haha), he came from 'Newcastle somewhere' and 'we think his name is Tutyi'. :mad: And followed up by 'We didnt realise he would be so big'.

I knew he wouldnt of had the most sepcial of start to life but I am really gutted now I know that he has just been shipped from house to home. (Although we figured this may be the case as he was kept outside where we picked him up from yet he is 100% house trained and desperate to be in the living room lying near us). So he has obviously lived in a house / family environment.

Now things all make sense, that why his coat was so bad (I bet they didnt have a clue you needed to brush it), why he was living in squaller (they prol got him without much thought), why he couldnt tell me what he was like in a car or house!

I know I cant stand on my high horse and preach as my OH has told me he found him online but deep down I am slightly gutted for our poor boy. I cant believe he had been let down so much already. I really hope he knows he is here for good now. He is resting his big head on my lap while I type this looking at me with his giant puppy eyes.

2. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

he's in a safe, loving forever home now, thats all that matters but yes, it is a shame that people can be so ignorant about the size some breeds can get to :(

3. So sad he has been passed from home to home in his short life but looks as though he has found a fantastic forever home now.:D

4. metaldog

metaldog PetForums VIP

That's really sad.

Makita will move on from it really quickly though. Dogs live in the now and right now he's landed on his feet in a really loving home where he can stay forever. So he's a happy dog :D

Both mine came from bad circumstances Bizkit had been passed from pillar to post and Pippi was starved. They don't remember the bad times once the good times started.

What I'm trying to get across is even though it was bad, don't feel sorry for him and treat him differently, just move on from it because he has :)

#4 metaldog, Apr 12, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2011
  5. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

There's a thread up in general chat about silver linings - you are his :eek:

Good luck you lot, and I'm sure he knows

Em
    xx

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Awww bless him, I bet his looking up at you like that right now, because he doesn`t understand why you are feeling angry and upset.

Don`t dwell on what his previous homes might have been like, or how he was even brought into the world, it will just drag you down... think about how lucky he is to have finally found a loving permanant home while he is still just a pup :D and how fantastic his life is going to be from now :D

7. BenMac

BenMac PetForums Senior

Awwwwww :(

I know that forewarned can mean forearmed...but really, sometimes it's harder to know the actual truth.

But that's us thinking...humans. We're using emotional responses to these things. Whereas hopefully, the doggies look at it in a different way. They think to themselves...this is great, I love being here, I love my new family and they love ME! :001_smile:

Try to put it all to the back of your mind. Your boy is still your boy and all that's gone before will hopefully not impact on his life with you.

Grab your babies in a big furry hug and look to the future...betcha that's what Makita is doing.

8. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

There is nothing wrong with advertising for a new home online.
    But I certainly don't agree with getting a dog before researching the breed, or not looking after it properly.

What's important is that he is in a loving home now, and has you to make up for his sh1t past :)

9. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Thank You everyone for your fantastic comments.

We just got back from a walk and frankly he was awful, we saw 7 cats in one walk, so he was on edge the whole walk :mad: I'm 99% sure he could pick up I was tense to each time we saw a cat, our neighbour even shoo'd their cat out the door whilst we were walking past! :eek:Tonight hasnt been our night.

I am pleased I found out about his past but I feel so guilty even though I couldnt have changed it, i'm gutted for him. I think it's the unknown element which bothers me not knowing what he has put up with.

He is curled up happy in the Utility room on the cold floor (And to think my OH bought him a lovely new bed), Millie is on the sofa fast asleep (under a duvet). Think im going to have a quick hoover then an early night.

10. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Dogs are pretty resilient in the main once they know they are safe they soon settle down. One of mine was starved and had had a very badly broken leg and was the subject of a cruelty case. Although it repaired she did walk with a limp for the rest of her life. She used to eat like she was starved too for ages after we got her, but in time that stopped too.

Another of mine I think I was her 4th home when I got her at 5, Many years later I found she had had pups at barely a year old. She was the most loving gentle easiest dog anyone could wish for, in fact both were. So with lots of love and a good home they do repair.

11. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

He's got a happy home where he's loved and wanted. A happy ending all round I'd say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice