UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Still missing my boys
42,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About the boy over the weekend, but this morning he was in hunt mode and was hacking through the woods on the scent of fox I think :rolleyes:
Even lost him at one point, which was a little worrying with his legs and hearing both deteriorating :eek:
Nice to see the sparkle in those eyes return this morning :thumbup:

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Those ups and downs at the latter part of their lives are so hard and joyous all at the same time aren't they. Glad he is having a good doggy day today

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I know how you feel, this morning Holly did not seem herself, listless and sleepy. That was until OH put on his outdoor shoes to go up the garden and she was there with bells on. She seems fine now and "helped" me sort out the remains of yesterdays joint.
I'm pleased your boy is still bright eyed and bushy tailed ut thet do worry you, don't they.
He looks lovely in the photo

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Aw bless his heart. I know exactly how you feel. My boys going to be 13 in feb, he has his ups and downs but i love to see him in work mode rumaging about in the woods. Alfie looks lovely in the pic. Such a handsome old man. He reminds me of a sweet old retriever we meet on walks called Travis. :)

·
Registered
12,130 Posts
Bless handsome boy : ) making most out of life : ) my old staff had good and bad days but boy did he make most of the good days
; D

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Such a lovely looking gentle dog!
I can understand how you feel - had this with my elderly Border Collie - she would be off colour for a day worrying me then perk up saving me a trip to the vet! She enjoyed her walks to the end albeit slowly and it was lovely watching her savour all the smells and find her favourite spots. She passed away at the grand age of 17 and a half years - a much missed companion!

:)

·
Registered
7,176 Posts
When we took my old CS whose legs didn't work probably on holiday last year we stopped off by some dunes. I let him off the lead, thinking nothing of it, and he suddenly hare tailed it away disappearing from sight!

Eventually he came back to me after having had a great time on terrain he'd never been on before. Up to that point I had never expected to see him run like that again.

Couldn't tell him off - once the initial panic and concerns about losing him had faded and I'd got him back on the lead I was just so pleased he had enjoyed himself so much.

Great when the old ones surprise you - or at least let you know they're not quite as past it as you were thinking.

·
Still missing my boys
42,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those ups and downs at the latter part of their lives are so hard and joyous all at the same time aren't they. Glad he is having a good doggy day today
I've seemed to have done nothing but worry since his Cruciate operation, but it was different over the weekend. His legs didn't seem too bad but he didn't seem to be with us :confused: His eyes had lost the sparkle and nothing seemed to stimulate him. He was just going through the motions of life :(

Trouble is, when he's bad, so am I.
He is my joy

·
Still missing my boys
42,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This afternoon, he's refused his walk :cryin::cryin:

I'm hoping he's just being sensible because of the weather, but sensible and Alfie don't really go together! :confused:

·
Life is Golden
3,719 Posts
About the boy over the weekend, but this morning he was in hunt mode and was hacking through the woods on the scent of fox I think :rolleyes:
Even lost him at one point, which was a little worrying with his legs and hearing both deteriorating :eek:
Nice to see the sparkle in those eyes return this morning :thumbup:

Oh dont you just love that lovely sweet face....Alfie does wonderfully well for his age;)

·
Still missing my boys
42,320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I do hope he is being sensible and disliking the weather, in that I don't blame him.
Holly just has one walk a day now, that keeps her happy.
Thanks

If it was Muddy I wouldn't worry at all because he's such a couch potato.

Alfie on the other hand is usually pestering for his walk long before it's due.

He'll get forced out later for a stroll around the roads, as long as he seems ok in all other ways.

He didn't even want a fight :(
I think we might be down the vets later this week :(

A couple of weeks ago he had an unusual upset tum, then the weekend being off with the fairies, now this!!
Gonna be hard to guess what's up with him with those symptoms, if they are connected :confused:

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Lovely pic of Alfie, well whatever he was up too he looks very pleased with himself I must say:D

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
This afternoon, he's refused his walk :cryin::cryin:

I'm hoping he's just being sensible because of the weather, but sensible and Alfie don't really go together! :confused:
Just caught up with the rest of the thread, so sorry he isnt so good this afternoon. Hoping its nothing to worry about, they do have the odd day though, Daisy frightened the life out of me one day last week, usually she has me up jumping on me like a lunatic in the mornings, but this particular morning she slept in and didnt even stir, I woke her up and she just moved to another place and laid down, usually shes up and out and bursting for a pee.
Couple of hours later was back to her lunatic self. Hoping Alf will be too.
Sometimes I think they just over do it, and then go into a deep sleep as they are tired and then are just content to laze about in the warm on certain days.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.