Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bee sting?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Agaj, Jul 26, 2021.

1. Agaj

Agaj PetForums Newbie

Hi I think my kitten has been stung on her paw? I didn’t see it happen so I’m not sure exactly what happened or what stung her but her paw is twice the size of the others. She’s fine in her self and is running and playing as normal. I was just wandering if anyone had any advice on what to look for and when to consider the vets?
    upload_2021-7-26_19-40-16.jpeg

2. TTouch

TTouch PetForums Senior

Being stung will feel to her like it would for you and it is fairly normal for localised swelling which will go down and she is behaving the same....... the issue is, is she allergic ( and it does look excessive swelling from the photo)...... vets would be if it continues to swell, if she becomes sleepy, rapid/heavy breathing, vomiting/diarrhoea...also keep a check of her gum colour, it is is lighter than it is normally then that gives you a good indication too....... you can always phone the vet if you are concerned.

Have you checked to see if you can see the sting, if you can use something like a credit card to to 'scrape it out' and from below the venom sack, don't try squeezing or pulling it as it can release more venom doing that, cold water soaked t-towel wrapped around it,then use ice which can reduce the swelling...'some' OTT antihisamines are cat safe, but phone your vet first to check as there are different ingredients in different brands

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice