Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bee Sting - Ouch!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Tillski, Jul 28, 2009.

1. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Yesterday whilst out in the garden Tilly got stung by a bee. I was at work at the time but my partner said he heard a loud ‘meow’, followed by Tilly limping back into the house – her paw then swelled up. He took her to the vets as we weren’t sure what to do (first time it has happened) – she got two injections for the swelling and the pain and then lots of fuss and treats once back at home. She seems better now, walking around on it again and licking it less but it’s still massive and looks like she’s wearing a mini boxing glove! Does anyone know how long it should take to go down? Let’s hope she leaves the bees alone from now on!

2. rottiesloveragdolls

aww bless her :( did they get the bee sting out of her paw :( it may still be in there if they didnt i would check it to see?

3. sullivan

sullivan PetForums VIP

Ah bless her well mine did this the first time he ever went out but im pleased to say he didnt go for anything that buzed after that so hopefully your cat will have learnt from her mishape. Bless her hope shes better soon.

4. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Yeah, the vet got it out; my boyfriend was too scared to do it himself, he didn’t want to hurt her anymore than she was already so decided to pass the tough job onto someone else. Typical! Lol.

5. rottiesloveragdolls

lol well at least thats out, so it should start to get better and go back to normal soon, you have to think like us the medication some times take a little longer to work im sure she will be fine in a few days :)

6. MADCAT

MADCAT PetForums VIP

Aww bless her, i hope she is feeling better soon xxx

7. Emma_Williams

Emma_Williams PetForums Junior

Sorry to hear she is soar.

It sounds weird that she swelled up. Maybe she is a bit allergic to bees. My mums bengal has a habit of catching bees and wasps alive and bringing them as presents. He kindly drops them at your feet :mad: I have seen them stinging him on his face and he just gets angry and drops it and stomps on it but he has never swelled up or anything.

I hope Tilly is better soon.

8. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

Ouchie! Sorry to hear she's in pain.

The very same thing happened to Charlie on a Saturday night. I rang the vet and he said to keep an eye on it and if it gets worse or doesn't go down bring him in.

By Sunday morning his paw was back to normal.

9. BALOO J.

BALOO J. Guest

My Baloo also was stung, but his paw didn't swell up, this is the second time, you would think he would stay clear, but no, still chases bee's.

10. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

It must be something Bengal's like to do...Lola has been stung a couple of times in the last couple of months and she still goes back for more. She chases flies too which I don't mind.

I hope your kitty gets better real fast!! :D

11. SeaThreePeeO

SeaThreePeeO PetForums VIP

How is Tilly feeling today? All better I hope.

12. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Yes, she is much better today thanks. She’s back to her normal lively self and even though her paw is not quite back to normal size it’s gone down a lot.

Thanks to everyone who commented on this post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice