Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Becoming a dog walker!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sezeelson, Oct 4, 2013.

1. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Today I visited rescue remedies dog rescue in godstone as they are looking for dog walkers and there hasn't been much opportunity nearer to me.

They have a lot of bull breeds :001_tt1: so I know I'm going to fit in right away! We walked truffles and whisper who were lovely and i can't wait to start my induction and start meeting all the dogs :)

Does anyone else volunteer their time at rescues? How do you manage to not take them all home with you!? :001_tongue:

2. Debbierobb109

Debbierobb109 PetForums Member

iv just started at a local kennels :) ill hopefully have my first day next week doing the walks. im really excited, was up the other day for a look around and they had 17 dogs in boarding (including 2 HUGE malamutes that i fell in love with ) and they also had 7 of there own...a wolf hound, a great Dane a chi, a staffy and 2 terriers...so ill be kept busy haha. i was super impressed with the kennels, they were bigger pens than the normal standard with an outdoor run and they had no smell what so ever to them! the last kennel i offered to help stank and had wee pens with no outdoor pen, and only a field to exercise them. this couple walks the dogs twice a day plus the dogs get a 3rd exercise in a fenced field they own.

3. clayton1985

clayton1985 PetForums VIP

I don't walk them but I'm a home checker for 2 rescues, means i get to meet them all though.

4. sezeelson

sezeelson PetForums VIP

Wow! That sounds brilliant!!

They have much more then 17 dogs and most don't get a walk everyday :( this was part of the reason I really wanted to help out!

Hopefully I'll be able to get down twice a week and 3 or 4 at a day then go whenever I have spare time. I can't wait to get started, feels good to help out dogs in need and giving them lots of tlc!!

5. cheekymonkey68

cheekymonkey68 PetForums VIP

Im sure you will just love it! I used to walk for rescue remedies when they were in Farnham, unfortunately Godstone and Gatwick are a little bit far for me to travel to.
    I still support them as much as I can, and I have my Toby from a failed attempt at weekend fostering!

Please give Boris an extra special kiss from me, he's such a cutie I met him in July and fell in love, and I'd like photos when you walk Big Al!!

Good luck on your induction! The team are just lovely :) :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice