Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Beauty and the beast - drama

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Amelia66, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

Has anyone seen this in the news?

People are demanding a gay moment be cut from the film as its a childrens movie. 40,000 people have signed a petition to have it removed.

Is it just me or do you find this ridiculous? what is wrong with people!!

ouesi likes this.
  2. ForestWomble

ForestWomble PetForums VIP

:Wacky That's silly!

A 'gay moment' has to be removed yet I bet there has never been any demands for removing violence from childrens movies.

Crazy!

I hope the film makers are not forced to remove what-ever-it-is.

ouesi, SpringDance and leashedForLife like this.
  3. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

It's ridiculous. Isn't it just a song with a part that implies Le Fou has a bit of a crush on Gaston? The horror!

4. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

He also dances with another man at the end, which still is nothing.

Maxine67 and picaresque like this.
  5. Happy Paws2

Happy Paws2 PetForums VIP

Not seen it, so I'm not in place to have an oppion.

6. Maxine67

Maxine67 PetForums Member

Planning on seeing it soon with my 13 year old daughter, and I can guarantee she won't even notice the bits they're talking about! So many children's films have little "messages" in them that actually go right over their heads, but adults get into a tizzy about!! We are looking forward to it :)

ForestWomble and ouesi like this.
  7. Zaros

Zaros Pet Forums, P/resident Evil

Equal Rights.

Are gay people equal l or not?

I doubt it will be cut to be honest. I think there'll be more of an uproar from those who will rightly claim they're being discriminated against.

The world's going mad!

Amelia66 and Maxine67 like this.
  8. ouesi

ouesi Guest

It’s ridiculous.
    For a few weeks now the bible thumpers in my FB feed have been sharing the boycott links etc. You just have to laugh. This is the disney that killed Mufasa and Bambi’s mom. And we’re worried about two men showing affection/love? Pfftt....

We’re going to go see it this weekend, and I plan on posting all about it on FB just for the benefit of those bible thumpers :D ‘Cause I’m mature that way ;)

9. Goblin

Goblin PetForums VIP

Watching it on Sunday with my daughter as it's being shown in the original version this weekend. Don't have an issue with it but I do have the feeling that everything must have a gay character in it now which I do not agree with.

10. PawsOnMe

PawsOnMe PetForums VIP

I must admit in the original Beauty and the beast movie I thought lefou was gay and had a massive crush on Gaston. He hero worships him So it's not exactly far fetched to have him gay in the live action.

My best friend and I are going to watch it this Sunday. Love disney movies :)

Amelia66 and Maxine67 like this.
  11. SusieRainbow

SusieRainbow Administrator
    Staff Member

A lot of children's entertainment contains some subtle adult humour to make it apeal to adults too. As long as it's discreet and not stereotypical in a 'ooohh, ducky' sort of way I can't see any objection personaly.

12. shadowmare

shadowmare The dog doesn't bite, me on the other hand...

Oh I love reading people's comments on fb pages that call everyone to boycott the movie! The outrage is actually bringing tears of laughter to my eyes :Hilarious "I am disgusted by Disney!!! I will not be taking my grandchildren to see it because it spits in the face of god. Children do not need to see this gay propaganda pushing unnatural relationships on to them!!!" Sit back down, Janice... You are more concerned by children seeing a guy in love with another guy than a vulnerable underage girl "falling in love" (Stockholm syndrome) with some sort of bison hybrid??!!!o_Oo_Oo_O As a Scottish politic said recently said: "you're talking sh*te, hen." Seriously, wth is wrong with people?

Matrod, bearcub, ouesi and 4 others like this.
  13. Vanessa131

Vanessa131 PetForums VIP

But beastiality is okay?

14. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

I wonder it `outraged` is happy for their grandchildren to have religious propaganda pushed on them. I would take a wild guess they are not only happy but also expect the grandkids to believe it!

Maxine67 likes this.
  15. grumpy goby

grumpy goby Grumpy wench.

Won't someone please think of the children!?!?!

Woman/man-bison-lion-donkey/kidnapper is clearly fine. Not to mention the fact that if your are deemed to be too clever, or interested in *shock* books, people will think you are weird and socially outcast. If you want to be popular girls, drop the books.

But one man being in love with another. Holy Mary, your kid will certainly catch gay. That's how being gay works.... you catch it through subliminal media messaging. But not beastiality. That's fine. Unless a man-bison-lion-donkey-hefferlump kidnaps you....

Beware talking crockery. The teapot is in on the conspiracy.

Maxine67 likes this.
  16. Amelia66

Amelia66 PetForums VIP

It is disneys first openly gay character. They have said that they wont cut the scenes and have pulled the film from malaysia where the biggest uproar was. Some countries have also given the film a much higher rating so children dont see it.

I dont get it. Even if there was a more open gay moment like a kiss why shouldnt kids see that? Might actually help some of those struggling with their sexuality [even at very young ages] to know that they are not abnormall, that there is nothing wrong with it.

picaresque and Maxine67 like this.
  17. ouesi

ouesi Guest

My daughter is going to see it with 4 other friends today for a birthday celebration. Then they’re going back to the friend’s house for pizza, ice cream, and birthday cake.
    The sugary food is more likely to do her damage than anything in the movie :)

18. mrs phas

mrs phas karma is a funny old thing

Did these people not realise that, in the original Disney animated movie, Lefou quite openly, and obviously, 'crushed' on Gaston?
    i know all my children did, with one saying that he felt sad for Lefou because Gaston would never love him as much as he loved Gaston
    but then we always had openly gay, trans, camp etc friends around them, as do they, now they're adults
    How sad that people, [parents and the great unwashed], feel that their children have to be protected from such 'deviants', when something like 80% of abusers, and rapists, are known to their victims and, I believe I read, 90% of those known are actually family members

what next?
    Snow White being censored for having 7 little men living together and having beds that all touch?
    Pinochio having the scenes where the children are shown smoking, gambling and leering at 'images' [before being turned into donkeys] cut as it might influence children to do the same?
    Little Mermaid being banned, due to the fact that Prince Eric is actually marrying a half fish, so that equals bestiality?

Pshaw! I say, Pshaw!

Amelia66 and ouesi like this.
  19. havoc

havoc PetForums VIP

The type of people who complain must be the type who love picking fault and don't enjoy anything. They have plenty of time to spout hatred online because they're already banned from all decent restaurants and they fell off private guestlists years ago. They're known as real miseries and nobody wants them around. Nowadays they have the internet as their outlet so at least we don't have to cross the street to avoid them any more.

ouesi likes this.
  20. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou PetForums VIP

I saw it today and loved it! Only noticed the 'gay' moments ( which really weren't anyway! ) because of this thread. Like, I can assure you kids will not be noticing! :rolleyes: Why do people have to ruin a perfectly innocent, family friendly, film?

Amelia66 and FeelTheBern like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice