Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bearded dragons

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by Dawn Newby, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Dawn Newby

Dawn Newby PetForums Newbie

Hi Everyone,
    I have recently got 2 male bearded dragons who had lived together for 7 years. I have separated them and housed them in 2 new 4ft x 2ft x 2ft tanks compete with a slate hide a log large enough to hide and a basking rock. They have a uvb light and ceramic heater controlled by an on off thermostat. The basking area is set to 39° and cool end around 27°. They dont seem happy they hide the whole time one of them isn't eating like he used too and they are both darker than when I got them. I am unsure as to what to do to make them happy and am worried about the tank tempreture as every website I read gives different tempretures. Does anyone have any ideas or advice as to what I'm doing wrong or how to make them happy,

2. Bluetreedude

Bluetreedude PetForums Newbie

Moving them will cause stress and also separating them will cause them to become more stressed if they have been together for 7 years plus putting them into a new environment would cause even more stress

3. Dawn Newby

So have I done the wrong thing then?? They were fighting and had lots of injuries so the vet and everyone told me to separate them.

4. Bluetreedude

Bluetreedude PetForums Newbie

Not nessesarily wrong they are just confused it will take time for the m to adjust but they should be alright just a little stressed by the sounds of it it's completely normal

5. Dawn Newby

Ok great thanks. I posted this last month and there are sure signs of improvement so far. Will just give them time. They eat and are a much better colour now. Hopefully they will adjust and be able to enjoy their lives to the full.

6. Tjc

Tjc PetForums Newbie

Hi,new to the forum and sorry for writing on your thread but can’t figure out how to make my own thread, anyway need help got vivarium set up but temp is not moving above 80F any advice on what to do as desperate to buy bearded thankyou

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice