UK Pet Forums Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

Over the past month my dragon had been struggling to poo, she used to go every 3 days but in the last month there has been a couple of times when it has gone a week. At the in the last week she has only passed the white urates that was once today and once the day before yesterday. Both times has been in a warm bath.

She has regular water and food although is refusing to eat salad/veg unless it is pureed and dripped onto her nose. how can I get her to eat proper vegetables?

Im presuming her tank is the right temperature as she sits in there for a few hours a day with her mouth open which I have read means the tank is at the optimum temperature.

Do I need to take her to the vets or is the fact she is passing the white stuff a good sign?

Jfishxxx and Daisy the dragon

G

·
the white poo is urine which contains calcium nothing to worry about its perfectly natuaral! means shes well hydrated.

if you are at all concerned about her though pop her along to the vets:) hope this helps!:)

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Do you know precisely what the temps are for both cool and warm side? Also what are you housing her on? If she's on loose substrate she could be impacted.

The veg is a necessary part of her diet so you'll want to get that altered, try different veg and restricting her insects a little to give her motivation to eat her veg

The white stuff is urates composed of uric acid, it's the waste product of reptiles, similar to urine but much more concentrated so the reptile doesn't waste fluid during excretion.

·
Registered
137 Posts
When I had my bearded dragon, he was having a hard time for about a month, we put him in warm water twice a day for about 20 minutes, which helped him! But if that doesn't help after doing in for a week or 2 you are probably better of getting him seen by a vet :)

·
Registered
5,482 Posts
i agree with using the warm water. we put about 1" - 2" of warm water in the bath and our dragons absolutely love it. they have fun and it helps them with toileting too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.