Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Beaphar kitty Hhand

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Alexandrajunex, Jul 7, 2018.

1. Alexandrajunex

Alexandrajunex PetForums Newbie

Hi I've recently taken on a little orphan kitty who is now 3 weeks. He is on beaphar kitty milk formula and I was told by the owner it was 1 2.5g scoop to every 20mls of water, not questioning her that's how I've been making his bottles. I've now bought my own tub and read the instructions and it's coming up 1 part formula to 3.5 parts water which contradicts what I've been told. I've worked it out as 9 scoops to 80mls of water but I've only been using 4... has anyone any experience with this milk? He's doing really well, nice and alert, active and passing urine but he hasn't pooed I spent 2 hours last night trying different ways to stimulate and nothing 20180706_173130.jpg . I'm now thinking it's because he's not getting enough formula? Any help would be appreciated!

2. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Hi,
    I am not sure but I will tag some breeders who may be able to help:
    @QOTN, @OrientalSlave and @Tigermoon
    Hopefully one of them or someone can give you advice.

3. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Follow the instructions on the container. If you make the food too weak the kitten fills up because of the liquid but doesn't get enough nutrition. Not enough food might lead to no poo - it does in people - but I've never had to hand-feed such a young kitten. If I did I'd be asking the vet nurse where I go as I know she has plenty of practice.

4. Alexandrajunex

Alexandrajunex PetForums Newbie

They were all checked by the vet recently with previous owner and she's the one who told me the 1 scoop per 20mls ratio but wasn't until I had the tub with the instructions I realised it was quite off :( have readjusted now and he's still happy and energetic as far as a little one goes so hoping to get a poo out of him this evening or it'll be out of hours vet tomorrow! Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice