Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Beaphar Cat Comfort Diffuser

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by huckybuck, Jun 25, 2019.

1. huckybuck

huckybuck Feline Forum Fashionista

For anyone who has purchased one of these new diffusers..

I recently encountered an issue with mine after 2/3 weeks use. They started to smell as if they were burning - so I removed them and contacted Beaphar yesterday.

They responded quickly:

We have consulted our technical department regarding the problem that you have encountered. They have advised that occasionally, if the wick contained within the unit is not in the correct position (either too high or not completely vertical) and the oil on it comes into contact with the ceramic plate, then this can cause a burning smell.

This can be rectified by re-positioning the wick (see attached diagram).

- Unscrew the refill

- Push the wick gently down until it touches the bottom of the bottle

- Wipe off any traces of oil and then screw the refill back into the plug unit

The product is completely safe to use and repositioning of the wick should resolve any issues.

Have done what they suggested and pushed the wick down to the bottom of the bottle. Plugged back in so just a case of wait and see.

Up until the smell I was quite impressed with the product. Just hope this solves the problem.

2. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

Thank you for sharing this information Claire. I didn’t know Beaphar made a plug in. That useful to know. I am currently using pet remedy plug in. Now I know Beaphar are doing one I’m going to try it. I’m glad they got back in touch with you quickly.

Viv xx

ewelsh and huckybuck like this.
  3. huckybuck

I like PR Viv and assumed that Beaphar was similar in that it uses Valerian (which it does as you can smell it lol) but it also uses pheromones too (like Feliway) so I think it’s a combo of the two.

I’ve been quite impressed as I have with most of their calm products.

ewelsh, vivien and ChaosCat like this.
  4. vivien

vivien PetForums VIP

:Yuck
    Thank you I will definitely have a look for some. :)

Viv xx

ewelsh and huckybuck like this.
  5. Ali71

Ali71 PetForums VIP

Does it give off a smell at all HB??

I have to admit I couldn't take the pet remedy one.....my husband came in and nearly boked! :Smuggrin

huckybuck likes this.
  6. huckybuck

It’s nothing like the PR one - more like a Feliway.

The room spray is pretty stinky though!

7. huckybuck

Well they have been plugged in again and there is still the burning plastic smell.

It does feel warm to touch - hotter than both the PR and Feliway ones - though not so hot I can’t touch it with my asbestos hands.

I will email them again and see what they say. I have no worries leaving the PR and FF ones plugged in when I go out but I’m not sure I would leave these atm.

ewelsh likes this.
  8. bluecordelia

bluecordelia Footy

See what they say. I have a PR one which was fine. The last thing you need is an electrical fire. Have you googled online incase others are having issues?

9. huckybuck

PR is fine only just warm and Feliway friends ok too - bit warmer but nothing to be concerned about.

I probably wouldn’t have worried about this til I could smell the burning plastic. Then realised it is actually quite hot.

I googled but not found anything yet - though these are really new.

Will see what they say.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice