Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Beaphar Calming collar day 1

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Dally Banjo, May 1, 2011.

1. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Still giving the Zylkene twice a day but :rolleyes: so he is now wearing a nice Lilac collar :lol: which to our surprise has'nt botherd him at all :blink: only problem is he looks like he's had a major outbreak of dandruff :blink: & there is a trail of it all over the house :cryin: :rolleyes: hopefully this will work.

2. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Good luck and hope it works, and you see an improvement. No one could try harder.

3. Dally Banjo

Thanks :eek: I did think the collar may take his mind of Tango & he would aim his tantrums at the collar but :rolleyes: he's just strutting round all proud of himself :blink: cats who'd have em :lol:

4. Sled dog hotel

I had a persian long time ago now, rescued him, He was an absolute monster, should have been a mangy street raking moggy, not a pedigree persian. He had almost lost an eye when I took him on, came complete with antibiotic cream. He had always gone out, and was 8 yrs old when I got him, so screamed the place down to go out. So out he used to go, Was neutered when I got him, still used to bash up every cat in the neighbourhood and woe betide any cat he saw either on the front or in the garden. I used to bath and groom him and he looked like he had never been near a brush within a few hours. Was a teriible hunter, One day I let him in and he had 3 birds stuffed in his mouth in one go. I lost count of the vet visits and abcesses from fights. No wonder the previous owners moved him on!! He lived to nearly 16, although I dont know how he managed it.

5. Dally Banjo

Sounds like he had real cattitude :lol:

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Fingers crossed Mr L is not poncing about like a prize pratt for nothing ;) :D.Seriously though I hope this helps and calm reigns supreme :smile:

7. Chez87

Chez87 PetForums VIP

Bit random but the white stuff didn't come off the collar did it? When I got mine there was like a white powder all over it.

8. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

Fingers and paws crossed that this works for you DB could you not have gotten something a tad more butch than lilac for the not so little fella though :blink:

9. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Havent seen any of your earlier posts/threads on this, do i take it that theres riots in your house, - monsters not getting on, oh god my knees are starting to knock, and praying that when time to do our face to face introductions am going to give them shots of valium :eek:

ONLY JOKING

10. Sled dog hotel

Dont know about cattitude he was the cat from hell:D
    I used to have him professionally groomed in between doing him myself, about the only time he was quite good actually didnt mind the bath or the hairdryer which was nothing short of a miracle given his personality.
    The guy got him looking like he was ready for a show, and in no time he would look like I hadnt bothered. He was a character though.

11. Dally Banjo

I think he looks sweet in lilac :arf: :lol:

Yes he looks like he's had an outbreak of dandruff & so does the house :rolleyes: makes a change from spot fur :lol: the web site says not to worry about it its not the stuff in the collar :blink:

It was a pressie off Tango's brother & sister's mum so there is probably a conspiracy going on :lol:

Fraid so they were best mates when Tango arrived then Louie decided he hates him :cryin: so Louie is popping pills & wearing a lurrrrvely collar & Tango went & had the snip :blink: if the collar does'nt work :cryin: :cryin: :cryin:

Maybe Louie is a decendant :lol: he looks like he's been draged through hedge backwards most of the time :rolleyes: he likes showers but is very weary of hairdryers I think they can bite if cornerd :blink:

12. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

:w00t::w00t:Remind me never to borrow a hairdryer from DB :scared:Dont like the thought of them biting when cornered :lol::lol:

13. Dally Banjo

:w00t: you mean there not suppose to bite :blink: :blink: :blink: must be cos ours is a reeeeeeeeeeeeealy expensive one Singing: or we now have bad temperd appliances now to :rolleyes:

14. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

:thumbsup::thumbsup::lol::lol:

15. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Hey DB, sorry to read you're still having so much fun ... maybe that should be hasstle :eek:

How long ago was little (lol) Tango nutcracked? It can't be that long ago. Hopefully give it another month or two and things should settle down naturally once Tango has finally got shot of his manattude hormones.

These spats, can you describe them, there frequency and if possible the trigures?

Sorry if I've missed this info somewhere else :eek:

16. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Maybe just a wee bit more than a conspiracy hun :

PURPLE
    Purple is the colour of philosophers and dreamers, orators, poets and visionaries. It signifies high ideals, loyalty, truth and love. It is a higher expression of spirituality, uniting intelligence and understanding. It is rich, regal and voluptuously sensual, purple is also the colour of the higher mind and evokes intuition and spirituality, letting us stretch our wings and fly towards a new horizon. The colour heightens creative expression and transporting us into a fantasy world filled with wonder. It brings together passion and intellect, dreams and reality, vision and experience anchoring us into the here and now. LILAC and LAVENDER have the power to release our memories and gently take us back to a time of grace and gentility. MAGENTA evokes the emotions of adolescence, lofty ideals and early independence. MAGENTA also allows us to experiment with who we are and gives us courage to be flexible and discover our own identity. MAUVE has added blue, which contributes to aid our worldly experience and recognition of all that is divine. On the negative side too much purple can lead you to be pompous arrogant and over inflate your ego.

Or was Louie never graceful & gentile???? :D :D

17. Dally Banjo

Tango had the snip at the begining of April so still time but he had'nt started spraying it was just an attempt to stop the fighting :rolleyes: although he is'nt fighting Louie just keeps attacking him :confused: basically if Louie see's him anywhere even if Tango is asleep Louie starts growling then rushes at him & starts bashing him :cryin: although there is never any fur flying, Tango usually just rolls over & lets him :blink: or backs away. Even if Tango is in the yard & Louie see's him through the window he starts growling :rolleyes: he's been on the Zylkene since the 9th the vet checked him over on the 21st just incase & nothing but said he could have 2 Zylkene a day becasue of his size :eek: & now we have the collar on.

I dont think the Feliway is haveing enough affect becasue the windows have been open but cant live in an oven :blink: No idea why he started they were best mates :cryin: the only thing I can think of is Louie's booster but the vet recons not :confused:

Louie graceful :blink: :blink: :blink: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice