Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

BC May Be In Labor??

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by horserescue, Jan 1, 2012.

1. horserescue

horserescue PetForums Newbie

For the last couple hours BC has been laying on her side and it looks almost like a continuous push (very mild) then every few minutes (I haven't timed them yet) she will do a little harder push. Not sure if her plug or water broke due to taking care of the other animals. Am I right in thinking this could be the beginning? I'll keep you all posted as often as I can, I don't have a laptop so no computer in the room she is in. :(

Happy New Year! I hope everyone has a wonderful and happy 2012. :)

2. rcmadd

rcmadd PetForums VIP

Hey good luck... I know what your going through as my Raggy girl giving birth NOW

3. ChinaBlue

ChinaBlue PetForums VIP

Yes, does sound imminent - hope everything goes okay - do keep us updated.

4. horserescue

ugh! No babies yet and no progress. May be another call in to the vet, I'll give her some time yet. She is eating, drinking, still laying down but she does get up for a few minutes to stretch her legs.

Let the teasing from BC continue ...... ugh!

Oh, and babies are still moving - that was one of the first things I checked.

Now for some more waiting ..... and waiting ...... and waiting ..... living on "sleep deprivation".

~ Sherry ~

5. horserescue

Vet came out today - sadly we had to have one of our rescue horses euthanized - very hard to let go. After vet was done with Jumper we talked about BC - he checked her and said let's see how she does on her own. He said he has seen many cats do this "pushing" thing she is doing for a week or more. Check her again in a week. She is to fat and stomach to hard to actually "feel" babies move but we see her body movements. But he also mentioned that she can be having "false labor" or even a "false pregnancy" - so now we just wait and see. Thought of an ultrasound but just can't this week - I have to skip making my jeep payment to pay for vet and burial today. What a "happy new year". :(

I'll keep everyone posted though as how the events turn out. Not sure what to think anymore.

6. PetloverJo

PetloverJo PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear about Jumper, Hope BC will be ok. I hope things will improve for you. xxx

7. catlove844

catlove844 PetForums Senior

sorry to hear about your horse :( I used to feed/ride a horse that we lost a few years ago, heartbreaking :( xx

I would see another vet though, 45mins of pushing means that they need a shot of oxy or a c-section, id be up another vets for a 2nd opinion x

8. horserescue

I did place a call to my previous vet (we moved and he's an hour away), he will be making a farm call to the neighboring town tomorrow, he gave me the address so I am meeting him there for him to look at. He said he will take her back with him if he feels it necessary and will let me make payments if c-section is in order. If he does take her back with him and finds she doesn't need c-section then he will just charge me for regular office call - no overnight fee or any other fee. So we just have to get through tonight.

Also, if c-section is in order he will call me and let me know and can probably pick her up the next day. ugh! I really need to win the lottery.

I'll let you all know how it goes. Thanks for well wishes and support. It really means a lot to me.

Hugs to you all!

9. dagny0823

dagny0823 PetForums VIP

Any updates?

10. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Was also checking in for any updates x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice