Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

baxter had worms and has been wormer 4 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bagpuss4, Apr 21, 2011.

1. bagpuss4

bagpuss4 PetForums Member

Yesterday i woke up and Baxter just wasn't his usual self. He usually loves his breakfast scouffs it down but he just sat and curled up on the couch and eventually went back to bed.
    My mom was looking after him and luckily i was half day and finished at 12 - got home and the food was lying there after a lot of encouragement he finally ate it and had a big drink. Took him out for short walk to get some fresh air and sit up the canal, in the half hour we were out he did 3 poos - mucous and blood stained, at 1st i thought it was colitis as he's had it before as labs do eat everything and anything so the night before he was eating horse poo. I thought give him to the night and see how he is.
    He perked right up and was full of beans.
    Came home today looked at poos ;) slightly better but with white things in it -WORMS!
    Iwormed him with Drontal 4 weeks ago so i assumed he'd be covered did a bit of research and said could be hook or whip worms that cause bloody diarrhoea. So he'll be off to the vets for a check tomorrow. Feeding him boiled chicken and rice at the moment which he is enjoying.
    Think i,ll be looking for a different wormer or start worming him monthly if thats the case

#1 bagpuss4, Apr 21, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2011
  2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

oh my you poor things the pair of you
    good luck and lt us know how you get on at the vets tomorrow

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice