Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Batleys!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by GSDlover4ever, Aug 17, 2009.

1. GSDlover4ever

GSDlover4ever PetForums VIP

batleys is a pet warehouse - just wondered if anybody else goes their to get their goodies as obviously you can get a lot of goodies for great prices!

you have to have a special card before you can go in, and members of the public aren't allowed in without this card, which is a shame :eek:ut:

Our Brands - Best-in, Cellar Estates, Xtra Local, Buddies, Best Pets, White Pearl - Batleys Cash & Carry Wholesale: 19 Depots Nationwide

luckily enough i have a friend who goes to batleys and has a card. i sometimes go with her to get some goodies for my animals - i usually end up going daft and spending loads to keep my animals amused! :)

2. kazschow

kazschow PetForums VIP

OH they look interesting, what kinda stuff do they stock, and prices etc? Not to far from me, and I run a business so could sign up if it was worth while :)

3. GSDlover4ever

they stock everything - its like a giant pet shop.

they have got things for - fish, ferrets, rabbits, birds, dogs, cats, small furries etc.... and that includes food, toys, beds etc...

i haven't been for a while though, my friend said that someone else took it over and it isn't as good.

a word of warning though - you can spend £100's easily lol

4. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

my parents go there for the business. i'm forever trying to get them to go into the food section(human food that is) to get me big boxes of sweets hehe.

5. GSDlover4ever

although i have been to the pet bit loads of times, i haven't actually ever been to the human food bit :O

6. GSDlover4ever

does anybody else use batleys?

7. rebenda

rebenda PetForums VIP

meeeeee well first time the other day! got told i had spend minimum of 50 quid i were like ok, bought loads of bedding the other day and food. had get the essentials as i were a bit skint. so when im due more bedding all the animals are getting spoilt rotten! i love spending money on them cudda been using them for a yr with works number but never even realised instead ive been paying top price!!!

8. tylow

tylow PetForums VIP

We've been :) Great for cat litter among other things!

9. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

You lot are sooooo lucky... :sad:
    My local Batleys insists on a genuine business account and a minimum spend of £250 per month! So if any of you lucky lucky chaps live near me, can I give you a shopping list??? :001_tt2:

10. GSDlover4ever

OMG seriously :eek:

11. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Yes for new accounts - that's the status quo last time I looked, which admittedly was a few years ago when I was running a local rodent club. If they've changed it, I wouldn't mind knowing... although as I don't drive it's not easy to get to! Are their policies applicable to all stores? Or can regional ones make their own rules, do you think? Do you reckon they might have got more lenient lately, what with the recession and all?

12. GSDlover4ever

to be honest i really haven't got a clue!!!

i know my friend usually went into batleys weekly and the people that worked their new/liked her - so she could go in any time and spend any amount she wanted!
    even if it was to get one item - say a bag of dog food.

however the ones local to me - Glasgow have been taken over by new people - so i don't know if it is still the case!

think it would probally be ebst to contact them!

13. Colsy

Colsy Banned

Yes the one in Hampshire has bouncers on the door!
    My Oh has his own business they would not let us join.
    Said if anyone joins the must spend a certain amount every month.
    Then the big bouncer with blonde hair and glasses unlocked the door to let us out.
    I was going to actually complain to the Head Office about her,she had no customer care what so ever.
    Whats up does our money stink.:mad:

14. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Hahaha, yes you got it Colsy - easier to break out of Colditz than break into Batleys!!!

15. GSDlover4ever

OMG that is shocking - bouncers!!!! :eek:ut:

16. Colsy

Colsy Banned

No not bouncers really.
    Just a blonde sales woman who had a very important badge on get my drift.;)

17. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

I did say I might send you a shopping list...lol... looks like you might get one from Colsy too!!! :D

18. GSDlover4ever

lol im having trouble getting my friend to take me in at the moment - she is quite busy. :eek:hmy:

i want to get loads of goodies for the animals before i start college at the beginnng of september!

i'm actually saving the pennies and the pounds (obviously) so i can get loads of stuff, rather than pestering her to take me in lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice