Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bathtime

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Mr Gizmo, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Mr Gizmo

Mr Gizmo Body of a Buddah.

Just seen Ballo's thread and the look in his eye's say's it all.:p
    Anyway,my question is how often are you supposed to bath/shower your cat.
    We have been owned by Candy now for 9 weeks on Friday and she is a total indoor cat.:D
    Any help would be grateful.:thumbup1:

2. messyhearts

messyhearts PetForums VIP

I currently do it every six weeks to a month if there isn't a show that brings it forward. I guess when they look dirty & greasy.

3. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

Cats keep themselves clean, & especially if they're indoor cats, they shouldn't need bathing unless you've had a runny bum problem, in which case, just do that area. It's normally only people that show cats that would bath them, & even then a lot of people would talc them rather than bathe them. Cats coats aren't made to be washed, & human arms weren't designed to withstand clawed wild beasts trying to escape the grip of a wash & brush up, lol :D

FREE SPIRIT likes this.
  4. Crocky

Crocky PetForums Junior

Like munchbunch said; it's not necessary to put your cat in a bath, they keep themselves clean.

Nontheless, I do it once a year, just to keep sure.
    Oh, and everytime our little monster falls into the pond (and comes in all muddy & stinky), I feel obligated to do so. Otherwise our whole house smells like the nasty pond... ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice