Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bath time for Sugar

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by AmyCruick, Jul 22, 2009.

1. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Following on from the advice I was given about my old boy with matted patches of fur I invested in a brush and shampoo... the brush was pulling on his hair too much so I decided a bath was in order and I think he actually enjoyed it! There was absolutely no fuss and just a bit of grunting when I was brushing the knots out afterwards. This morning his fur looks lovely and almost all of the knots have gone, will give him another little groom tonight and it should be done.

I can't believe he just sat there -he especially liked the towel dry afterwards, he kept coming back to me for more!

Thanks for the advice, I'd never have dared give him a bath otherwise or known that rabbit shampoo even existed and now I have a happy rabbit again!

-x-

2. emzybabe

emzybabe PetForums VIP

well done, i bet hes much happier :)

3. kellyrich

kellyrich PetForums VIP

Oh well done glad he enjoyed it! I used to have to bath Dexie every other day cos of her matted fur and she absolutely hated it, she was so scared and i hated doing ti to her but it was for her own good!

p.s although i did get told not to use that shampoo too much as its not that good for them so i never used it but i dont really see what damage it can do! x

4. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw! I did expect a struggle on my hands, had laid towels everywhere just in case there were splashes!

I did dilute the shampoo so it didn't go on neat, put about a teaspoon of it into a cup of water and then only used a little of that. I made sure I rinsed well too because I didn't want him eating shampoo when he groomed afterwards.

-x-

5. Lemoney.Ellie

Lemoney.Ellie PetForums Newbie

Wooo! Aww bless sugar eh!

My rabbits <3 baths too! My males (mr woggles) loves a really light shower! Odd boy he is!

6. AmyCruick

AmyCruick PetForums VIP

Aw! Thats so sweet!

How do you shower him? do you put him in the actual shower or do you do it with a watering can?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice