Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bath for pregnant queen ?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by munners, Jul 15, 2009.

1. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Hi I hope this doesnt sound like a stupid question.My queen is due too have her first litter a week on saturday she is very large and cant reach to clean her back end so i was wondering if it would be alright to give her a wash myself just a quick dip in the bath,she wont like it she never has and i dont want too cause her any upset so my question is should i just leave well alone or just get on and do the deed and could a couple of minutes of upset harm her babies.
    Regards
    Nicki

2. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i personally wouldnt bath her as causing her a lot of stress now could cause complications with the kittens, if you want to help her clean herself though i would recommend a warm damp cloth, its a lot less stressful for mummy cat

3. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Hi Thanks for that i will try the damp cloth then though i dont suppose she will appriciate this either i can only but try :)

Regards Nicki

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

I washed MInnii's back end a few times in the last two weeks. FIlled the sink up wrapped her in a towel and 'did' her bum. SHe was fine and pleasd not to have a stinky bum she couldn't reach.

5. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Hi Spid

Thats what i normally do and she really doesnt like it.Just about to try a damp cloth if this doesnt work i will see if i can do a reallyy quick job in the sink.I have just given her steak for lunch so i may still be in her good books we will see :)

Regards
    Nicki

6. mandandruby

mandandruby PetForums Junior

I used fragrance/ perfume free baby wipes on my cat.. worked a treat and wierdly she just let me get on with it!! Think she was sick of having a stinky bum!!

7. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Hi

Just a quick message to let you know the deed is done,she wasnt very impressed with the damp cloth job so off too the sink we went,she protested very loudley but it really was a very quick wash and all over within minuets.She then spent a good ten too fifteen minuets watching her tail following her,and again not impressed.

She still isnt really talking to me at the moment but iam sure this will change once it is food time again.

Thanks for all your help
    Regards
    Nicki

8. mypets

mypets PetForums Senior

shel forgive ya, let her be in a hump for abit lol...bless her...

9. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Tilda hates me doing it so I have to give her organic prawns to get back in her good books xx

10. munners

munners PetForums Junior

Hi

Ashanti is my best friend again now though it did take her dinner to do the trick and of course watching one of the other cats having a cuddle peaked the first bit of interest.

Regards
    Nicki

11. Anwen

Anwen PetForums Junior

I gave Pix a bath towards the end of the pregnancy to get her clean ready for the kittens, but I've been giving her baths since she was wee and she likes them now! Before that I just used cotton wool with warm water.
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice