Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barton Hills - Makita the Akita Puppy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 3, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

I put this in the Pics section but im not sure how many people regulary check it and so excited to share! Apologies if you've seen it twice!

After taking Millie on a controlled, relaxing on lead walk (Haha joke!) we took Makita up the Barton Hills. We put him on his car harness (His walking harness hasnt arrived yet) but is better than his choke chain / new collar which is still slightly to big for him. He had a lovely walk, we met a Yorkie, two Springers, two GSD and a Ridgeback :) He got on lovely with all of them, and best of all he was knackered by the end! We had a lovely brush down in the garden afterwards and got 1/2 a tesco bag of fur off him :) (Althouh he looks no different!)

He really seems to be loving his long walks and knew found freedom of the country side, he honestly is a different dog to the flea bag covered in wee / poo in a concrete courtyard last weekend.

I am soooo happpy! :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

Super photos. Barton Hills - is that Bedfordshire - Woburn/Luton area?

3. Milliepoochie

Barton Le Clay, North of Luton on A6. Beautiful walks there but im biased as I liv ein Barton Village :)

4. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Great pictures; looks like Makita is a very happy dog with you :)

5. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

What a beautiful boy :D lovely place for walks as well :eek:

6. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Beautiful, photos, beautiful dog ... thanx for sharing :D

7. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

He is adorable isn't he? What a lovely walk he had and he looks so well behaved. Bless him, he's a stunner. :)

8. pinklady

pinklady PetForums Member

Beautiful piccys :eek:) i have one thats blowing at the moment too, hate it when they look like they have been shaved by a dodgy barber!!!!! i have the pleasure of both of mine blowing blowing together next time.......tumble weed!!!!!:D:D

9. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Awrh! He is beautiful! :) and the walk looks great, he looks so well behaved! :)
    Glad you had a good time!

Hope Millie recovers from her spay soon,so you can enjoy the great walks with them both. :)

10. Milliepoochie

Thank you Malmum, he is suprising well behaved :) and I am truely falling for him haha he has grown on me soooo much in the last few days. (I know that prol sounds terrible but it was my OH who really really wanted to take him when we saw him, I was quite overwhelmed and wandering if we were taking on waaay to much!) I spent an hour in the sun brushing him in the garden, he looooved it :) He is getting plenty of attention from people in the village where we live and has a rep as being a right softy with the ladies esp the GSD's :)

11. ClaireLouise

Makita is a lovely looking boy, he has very simlar colour/markings as my akita cassie

12. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Great pics! :D

We used to take Toby over there quite a bit when we lived in Letchworth, used to be knackered after climbing to the tops of the hills. Now we live in Norfolk which is lovely but very flat

#12 Cleo38, Apr 3, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  13. new westie owner

new westie owner PetForums VIP

Stunning boy great pics :)

14. Milliepoochie

Im orignally a Norfolk girl, its a lovely part of the country :) Used to live in Framingham Earl - East of Norwich. :) Some fantastic coastal walks and by the Norfolk Broads

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice