Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

**Barney** 5 year old, Springer Spaniel, Newcastle

Discussion in 'Dog Rescue and Adoption' started by kristinaelliott, Nov 28, 2012.

1. kristinaelliott

kristinaelliott PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Barney is a 5 year old liver and white english springer spaniel, I have had him since 9 weeks old and he came from a breeder in Essex. I now live in Newcastle upon Tyne and due to a berevement I have moved in with my partners Mam, his Mam and sister are highly allergic to dogs and Barney is not able to live with us :(:(:(

He has been living with my Mam for a while but she is not really a doggy person and its becoming a bit of a problem. I am not able to move out into my own place at the moment as we don't want to leave my partners Mam on her own.

I don't want to leave Barney at a shelter or have him permanently rehomed as he is a huge part of my life!!! I am looking for a temporary home in a doggy family where he can be looked after and given the attention he deserves. We do plan to get our own place again but this could be 6 months or a year down the line, I wouldn't want to put a date on it.

If anyone could help me out and take Barney into their home and love him like I do it would help me out so much. I am happy to supply his food and toys etc as I would like to keep his diet the same. Somewhere I could come and visit to take him out for the day every now and again would be amazing.

Please please please get in touch if you can help as I really don't want to give him up :(

A forever home would be considered if I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY had too!!

Thanks

Kristina

2. kristinaelliott

Here is a picture of Barney taken this year, he is an awesome dog and is active and likes walks but also likes to chill out and sleep in his bed (which he is happy to share with cats) xx

Attached Files:

3. crazydogs

crazydogs PetForums Member

Hi
    could you maybe try his breeder to see if they could foster him?
    Or try this <Dogpages UK dog rescue forums> maybe somebody could help.
    Id love to offer to foster him but i already have 7 dogs and i would get far to attached to him and want to keep him lol :).

4. kristinaelliott

Hi,

His breeder is back in Essex and I am now back in Newcastle upon Tyne my home town. I have the same ad on dogpages already and have had some interest from people who want to trial run having a dog etc so it might work out. I know its a lot to ask as I would get attached as well.

Thanks for your reply

xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice