Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barley in grain free food

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by rita.tth, Oct 11, 2020.

1. rita.tth

rita.tth PetForums Newbie

Hello guys,

I am giving my girl Rosies farm for a while now, but today I found a barley in her food. I was completely believed Rosies farm is a grain free cat food. I don’t think so it will harm my little girl, but just wondering is anyone know who should I contact regarding this? I was trying to find the official page for them, but couldn’t. Thank you

Attached Files:

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

I would report it to Zooplus (or whoever you bought it from) - there is a customer contact form on the Zooplus website.

ZP are very good at contacting the manufacturer, and reporting back to the customer who made the complaint.

Summercat and rita.tth like this.
  3. rita.tth

Yes, I bought it from Zooplus, I will contact with them definitely. Thank you

chillminx likes this.
  4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Possibly from the gizzard of a bird that ended up in the food. Will be interested to hear what do say.

Tigermoon and Summercat like this.
  5. rita.tth

I have just wrote to them, I’m really curious now too. But you know, for us is fine, I don’t think anything will happen, but some of our pets are having a really bad food intolerance and if your aim is to give them gf food bc of this, you wouldn’t expect a whole barley in the food. But your idea is very possible, bc how else it would ended up there?

6. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

The gizzard idea is probable or shared equipment used to process different foods in the facility.

7. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

What's unusual it it's whole. Where grains are an ingredient they are mashed up.

8. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

It's very rare but I have heard of that happening before.

OrientalSlave likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice