Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barking Mad

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by newfiesmum, Mar 28, 2011.

1. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I came across this company by seeing their logo on the side of a car. I found their website and apparently their major business is dog walking, and they charge............wait for it................£13000 plus for a franchise! And that does not include the car which has to be silver.

Now I am wondering just how many people would be daft enough to pay this sort of money to do dog walking, and be restricted to an area. Would you?

2. PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth

PawsandPurrs-Bridgnorth PetForums Member

Nope!! Maybe I shopuld franchise ;-)

3. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well it is tempting, isn't it? I have seen them about a few times now and if their website is to be believed, there are a lot of franchisees. But I don't get it. Why not just spend the money on advertising and insurance and stuff and start up on your own. They even want you buy a new car if yours isn't silver and have their logo signwritten on to it.

I just cannot understand the psychology of it.

4. Stephen&Dogs

Stephen&Dogs PetForums VIP

ARE YOU SERIOUS THAT IS CRAZY Thirteen thousand pounds for walking a dog?

5. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

They are dead serious and they seem to be getting it. I know Barkbusters, the so called behaviourist company, charge £18000 for a franchise area; again I think anyone must off their trolley to pay all this and be restricted to an area, but at least the amount they charge is very high. Barking Mad on the other hand, can't be charging that much for dog walking, can they? What is the going rate, about £10 per hour?

If anyone knows why someone would pay all this, please enlighten me or it is going to keep me awake all night:p

6. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Makes you laugh, for a lot less money you can set up an independent company and have any area you like!

7. lucysnewmum

lucysnewmum PetForums Senior

If anyone knows why someone would pay all this, please enlighten me or it is going to keep me awake all night

simple answer is......franchisees buy into a BRAND which they believe gives them instant credibility..#

sadly, in the world of dog training, there are many of these popping up now and the trainers/walkers/behaviourists etc need little or no experience....just a bank loan!!!
    :mad:

8. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Well, they must have more money than sense is all I can say. Dogwalking, pet sitting, the price you can charge would never justify spending that sort of money and having to buy your own silver car. Where do these mugs come from?

9. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

bloody hell you must have to be 'barking mad' to buy into that!!

10. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

Hey, perhaps that's where the name came from:tongue_smilie:

11. newfiesmum

newfiesmum Banned

I've found some more, pet sitting companies, who are all charging £14000 ish for their franchise, and you have to buy your own car and get it signwritten, and you have to give them approx 8% royalty per year.

I am amazed! Obviously I don't need to start any business, I can just go start a franchise and retire to Florida.

12. Petloversdigest

Petloversdigest PetForums Senior

I think many people are perhaps not confident about the business side of things and think it will be easier to buy into something that somone else has already started. Perhaps we need to start teaching a bit of business nouse in schools....:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice