Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barking Mad

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Nellybelly, May 27, 2010.

1. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

After 6 disappointing visits and phonecalls to dogsitters, I am at a loss. I am not happy with anyone. Just to let you all knwo I live in Cyprus in the Med.

SOme walk the dogs enough, have no no garden and tether the dogs outside for part of the day.
    Others have a garden, but do not walk the dogs.
    Others are away 10 hours a day...

I will more likely than not find a way to take a week of my studies and return to Cyprus for the week that my mom will be away (she will be looking after Bella for 8 months starting September)...but it's a very long story and not really relevant here, but for certain reasons it would be best if I could avoid having to come back to to Cyprus for that week.

As a last option I have found "Barking Mad" which have a franchise here.
    I have spoken to the unlucky owner of the franchise for half an hour on the phone, interrogating him!!! He seemed a very decent man and very understanding of dogs, but what I didn't like is that I do not get to see the host family that will be looking after Bella.
    We have a house visit next Tuesday where I will be paying 50Euro!!!, and very likely won't be using this service....but I am desperate. I was just wondering if any of you have any experience with Barking Mad as they are a UK franchise. Honest opinions are greatly appreciated.

2. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

I love barking Mad, recommend them hands down. I didn't realize they were in cyprus, that's quite interesting :thumbup:

Maya boards with a couple who have always wanted malamutes but they were always too much for them, Maya is the dream dog because she spends her day asleep :lol: although they have a wooded area and no other animals except a tortoise, who maya is fascinated by. She's been 3 times and has been hell to get back, she refuses to come back home :lol: they spoil her so she thinks it's heaven for her.

It is pricy, but tbh it is worth it. Maya comes back in great condition and I know she's had a great time. They do show you and tell about the family they have in mind when you get your first visit and they sounded great for me.

3. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

Thats really goof to hear, means a lot!
    I am prepared for pricy if it means the best:)
    The man is coming next Tuesday so we can match up a host family.

I just cant bare the thought of not personally visiting her host family, but I did really like the man I spoke to on the phone and I will no doubt bombard him with 100 more questions when he visits on Tuesday.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice