Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

barking heads or fish 4dogs

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by nightingale, Jun 3, 2010.

1. nightingale

nightingale PetForums Member

Which one of these is better . I was wondering fish complete or barking heads ..not sure of which one. My 1 year 2 months welsh Springer Jasper is on Orijen and he has developed hot spots ......what is he lacking , I wonder. Any ideas from my doggie experts??? I am seriously thinking of changing his diet, as he is turning up his nose and I have to sit with him for him to eat.He has been on Orijen since he was 3 months... ! He has AD large kibble chicken in the evening .

2. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Barking heads

Fresh Scottish Salmon (min 26%), Potato (min 26%), Ground Oats, Dried Salmon, (min 15%), Potato Starch, Rapeseed Oil, Salmon Oil, Minerals, Dried Tomato, Natural Seaweed, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, MSM, Vitamins.

Fish4dogs

Salmon 30.5%, Potato 30.5%, Herring Meal 21.4%, Salmon Oil 7.6%, Beet Fibre 6.4%, Brewers Yeast 2.1%, Minerals 0.8%, Vitamins 0.7%

Small (1 - 15) 35 - 205
    Medium (15 - 35) 205 - 365
    Large (35 - 100) 365 - 730

There's the ingrediens for both, and the feeding guide for fish4dogs, can't find one for Barking heads. You could give barking heads a call and see what the recommended amount is for your dogs weight. Then you'll be able to work out which is cheaper to feed per day.

I've heard great thingsabout both so I honestly think it's down to personal preferance. They both seem to be great foods.

Why not order samples and see which one your dog prefers, let the dog decide.

3. nightingale

thanks so much ....helpful. by looks of the ingredients i would go for fish4dogs . I have asked for a sample from them. Should call up barking heads now...and will let him decide:)

4. JjPhoenix

JjPhoenix PetForums Member

good idea - both great foods. let us know which one he prefers!

5. nightingale

got the samples . It was very funny when I tried them ..he wanted them all initially. I hid one kibble from fish 4dogs and another one from Barking heads ...closed my palms , changed the hands and he found the barking heads all the time and licked my palm clean even after he had eaten it. . But he loves the sea jerkies from fish4dogs which I will buy. I am looking at Barking heads ...bad hair day and it has 4 stars in dog analysis.com as well which is on par with Arden Grange.

6. JjPhoenix

JjPhoenix PetForums Member

sounds good! burns is alos on par with those too, im not sure if it may be a little cheaper? check ingredients lists though:thumbup:

7. nightingale

Will check out burns too . Jasper likes Barking heads- Bad hair day and yesterday I gave him fish4dogs salmon mousse with an egg and some veggies . he absolutely loved his dinner. I do hope his poo is fine...have to check this morning . Fish4dogs kibble size is really good and looks good and smells good too. It is a hard choice:)

8. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

i've just pup my pup onto CSJ and he wolfs it down over is usual kibble

google them and email i'm sure Ceri will send you samples

9. JimJamz

JimJamz PetForums Member

I've spent the last week changing my Goldie from AG to Barking Heads fusspot and he loves it :) Poo's are much firmer and he gulps it down. Smells quite nice too.

10. Lyceum

Lyceum PetForums VIP

Sounds like you have a winner. If he's loving the barking heads, no reason to change. Great food.

11. nightingale

Hey JimJamz....I am so please that goldie loved BH fusspot ...any reason why you chose fusspot to the other BH. My jasper was on AG /Orijen too and I am thinking of Bad hair day ...as he loved it but he also loved Fusspot .......and the other one. They do smell good and look nice too.
    Just wanted to know what made you chose fusspot or was it Goldie's choice?

001.JPG

12. nightingale

Sorry Sam.....feeling a bit brain dead today. What does CSJ stand for? I am sure I have heard of it ...but can't seem to remember.Please help:)
    001.JPG

13. Sam1309

Sam1309 PetForums VIP

your guess is as good as mine, the ladies initals perhaps, why don't u check the website

14. nightingale

OH Sam...it is just CSJ ...and thats what it's called . I thought you had abbreviated it .Silly of me. The food looks good .Is this for working dogs? I haven't read it all as i am just getting ready for work now ..but just swept through the website an looks good. I will come back and check this out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice