Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barking at tail

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by Buggles, Jul 23, 2009.

1. Buggles

Buggles PetForums Senior

Alfie is 14.5 weeks old and likes to bark at his tail

He twists himself around so his head is by his tail and then he barks and barks and barks at it. I know that dogs do chase their tails, but I've never known anything like this before.

Distracting him isn't making any difference.

Any ideas how to stop this and also why he is doing it??

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Try giving him more mental stimulation obviously you can't exercise him more than you are as he's so young it could be that he's bored. But he could just be a crazy dog and nothing will fix it.

3. goodvic2

goodvic2 PetForums VIP

This could be obsessional behaviour. I read something once on this and aparently it is common is staffs. If it is getting to much, then it does need to be stopped. As Nicky09 said, look at ways of mentally stimulating him. If it doesn't improve, google the subject and see what you can do.

Good luck x

4. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

He is probably just playing. Try playing with him with a toy to distract him but I wouldnt worry too much at that age.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice