Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

barking and niping other dogs why??

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by chelleANDlottie, Aug 3, 2009.

1. chelleANDlottie

chelleANDlottie PetForums Junior

hi everyone
    please can you help me?
    my westie (7 monhs old) is barking at everying and anything why?? its geting very annoying.

also when she meets other dogs she goes for their mouth and nips them on the face. why??
    she only just started this.

normally she such a happy dog but recently shes been snarling at some other dogs.

the final problem is that she run off. when something catches her attention shes gone. nnothing will stop her.

any advice on any of the above would be fab
    chelle

2. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

Can you get a feel for whether she is barking through fear, curiosity or frustration? It might be worth doing a google search on dog body language to see if you can find a picture that best represents the way she is behaving, this will be the start of learning how to deal with it.

Until she has learnt to do a rock steady recall, I would keep her on the lead, you don't want her nipping the noses of other dogs and off lead you can't control this

3. chelleANDlottie

chelleANDlottie PetForums Junior

I think the barking and nipping is out of-
    "i may be a little dog but im no push over!" as its always the bigger dogs
    it happened sudddenly the other day after she was happy playing with an alsation who steped on her she then turned on him.
    body language i strugle with as her ears are up all the time, (westie) so some time the little changes are missed by me i think.

it always the outh she goes for. as a puppy she aways sniffed and licked other dogs mouths!!!

normmaly she is a very sumissive dog, roles over when every she sees another dog.

chelle xx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice