Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bark in the Park Diary

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, Mar 26, 2011.

1. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Ill be selling the photos of you running while wearing a wet t-shirt :D :lol:

2. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

:p don't know why your laughing your after Ben ;)

3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Thats ok, I normally wear dark colours! But mind me hair, you know I spend hours styling it :D

4. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Who said I was wearing a t-shirt anyway? ;) I was thinking of going prepared :p

5. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

I so wish I could get down for this :( it sounds so much fun!

good luck with it :D keep us updated :D

6. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I wish everyone could come down for it :) could really do with the support. I'm having a real crisis of confidence today, well have been for days now :(

I need a boot up the bum :( someone motivate me grrr :D

7. bexy1989

bexy1989 PetForums VIP

Go bm go bm if you cant do it no-one can woooooo bm :d

8. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

lol not quite what i was thinking...but thanks :thumbsup:

9. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I’m stressed I am fed up so I am writing a list of what still needs to be done :D

• Plan the layout of stalls, rings and displays
    • Complete risk assessment
    • Send out indemnity forms to stall holders
    • Send out information
    • Design banner to display at Torpoint Ferry
    • Design posters to display in local shops
    • Start hassling radio stations, local press
    • Complete schedule
    • Compile and print show brochure
    • SCREAM!!!
    • Check all parts of the gazebo are still present and correct
    • Sort all parts for the walkie talkies
    • Collect the loud hailer thing
    • Get tables for stalls
    • Get food for the Woofworths pick and mix
    • Sort stuff for tombola
    • Sort stuff for raffle
    • Last minute seeking of sponsors for raffle prizes
    • Arrange for float for each stall
    • Contact volunteers to see if they will still volunteer
    • PANIC!!!!
    • Sort medals/trophies for poster competition winners
    • Print certificates and get them signed by MP
    • Contact judges to ensure all is in order

So far today I have managed to get Friday 20th and Monday 23rd may off, now just need to work out how to get all the stuff to the park! Need to sort beagle Welfare stall so hubby can sit there all day and do very little :rolleyes:

Hey it’s not looking so bad now :D

I had a PM the other day asking me for advice on organising a dog show...to be fair the only advice I could honestly offer was "DON'T DO IT" :D

Seriously though after the event I will feel great but at the moment feel completely out of my depth :eek:

10. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

three weeks and one day to go and I've gone and changed the venue :eek:

No I've not gone crazy....yet :D but I have good reasons for it.

Hubbys going away tomorrow and I have the whole house to myself naturally I'll have the girls around but in between I am planning to paint banners, print posters and talk dad into driving me around SE cornwall and Plymouth with posters :D

A good friend from here has offered to look after Buster on the day and now I feel much happier about things.

I was a bit touched today by one of the county councillors who has offered the use of a marquee, Town Council who will provide tables and chairs, Scouts who will do refreshments and food. The local newspaper reporter, MP and park committee. I do have a lot of support and many people are grateful I'm making the effort. I hope this boost of confidence lasts now as I may just pull this off :D

#30 Beagle Mafia, Apr 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
  11. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Can u send me link to the website as DH has said we can come (all being well) and going to look for somewhere local to stay Saturday night ideally. Xxxx

12. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

OMG :D

I think I just wet myself with excitement :D

Sary that is so amazing :D

website is Home as that keeps coming up as a link the website is: http : // barkintheparktorpoint . mfbiz . com (without spaces ;) )

cannot wait to meet you all :thumbsup:

I will see if I can find somewhere that takes dogs :) I would offer our spare room but it is currently filled with bags of dog food, rosettes, banners, posters, trophies, raffle prizes :rolleyes:

Buster and Millie cannot wait to meet Bella :D

13. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

Thanks hunni. Bell cant wait to meet you guys too :O)

Ive told dad we can only have their dog until friday (DH birthday) as we have plans for the weekend. DH did say we could take her too though.....although I think bell will be grey with stress if she stays longer than one night lol!!

14. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

LOL lets see how many of us from PF will be there... mini PF meet :D

I'll be the one pulling their hair out...holiding a microphone saying "I don't have any idea what class is next" or screaming in the shed!! :D

15. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

16. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

That hotel looks great. One question how do u cope with a dog in a hotel lol!!! How do u go for breakfast :blink: lol!! I don't think they'd be happy with a howling beagle whilst we go for breakie......

17. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

If it wasn't the day of the dog show I'd help :D

But as I will be up from 7:30am getting ready to go then it may be a struggle...in fact I don't think I'll sleep Saturday night :(

18. sarybeagle

sarybeagle PetForums VIP

I think we'll skip breakie and grab something else elsewhere.

We can come help out in the day set up etc if you wish? x

19. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Aww thanks hun that's really kind :)

I have actually just called the Town Council to see if we can have sole use of the park from 6pm Sat night onwards...it's lockable so am hoping it's OK :)

I am meeting with our agility trainer tomorrow at 1pm to measure and discuss.

I am meeting with a few other people this week. I still have to make 3 more banners, and print posters.

I'm so close to being ready...I'm just panicking about everything...need to chill :D

20. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I'm soooooo stressed!!! :eek:

OK now that's out of the way :D

I went out to do some legal graffitiing last night - by that I mean banners and posters attached to any permanent fixture :D

[​IMG]

Whilst putting the poster up I turned to my mum and said wow people are already really interested they are reading the poster...then we realised that I was falling out the top of my t-shirt and they were not looking at the poster :rolleyes: chaos just follows me around :D

[​IMG]

Still a fair bit to do :( and motivation levels are dwindling...need another kick up the bum!!

need to contact stall holders today...contact poster winners...sort schedule!!

My last day of leave so back to work next week :( gonna miss Buster and Millie but most of all the realisation that there's 2 weeks until the event has sent me into a panic :(

Meeting Sue&harvey on Saturday for drinkies and we may just discuss the dog show :D

Still need a willing volunteer to look after one manic but lovable beagle... anyone?

Contacting local radio and press today... had an invite to speak live 'on air' on the morning :eek: think I'll start delegating soon :D

Arrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhh where is May going? :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice