Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bark in the Park Diary

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Beagle Mafia, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I thought I'd do a little countdown to the dog show with a 'diary/log'

Some of you have been so kind and I just wanted to share details, promote the day and update on other events in 2011.

Tonight I have been attempting a risk assessment...not the easiest task :rolleyes: but getting there very slowly. I can't believe some of the 'risks' make it onto a risk assessment do people not use common sense these days?? :lol:

According to my countdown timer I have 58 days left and we seem to be on track...I think :glare:

As the day is focussed on general animal welfare I have invited a local small animal rescue, Cats Protection League and various animal charities.

Still trying to sort raffle prizes it's suprising how many places run a mile when you mention animals :rolleyes: but we are fortunate to have been offered some free bags of food and samples.

I think I am getting a little stressed now...still no poster competition entries yet we have booked a venue and a local MP for judging...I do hope I am not going to look an idiot on the 19th April :(

Still taking ideas for fundraising after 22nd May and for any stalls on the day :D

#1 Beagle Mafia, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2011
  2. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Thankyou :)

Fundraising target is £1000 this year although it would be a dream come true to raise £1500 or more...every contribution helps :thumbsup:

Risk assessment is ready to send to council...:eek: scary stuff :lol:

3. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

1 month away :(

Starting to get to that point where I wonder if we'll make it. Hubby and I have not been getting on to great. Had a few bad weeks at work, hubby has been so mean and uncooperative and then theres a big event to organise single-handedly grrr!!!

But since my last update I have secured 7 stalls for local rescues and animal welfare people (offered free of charge) and 5 trade stalls offering raffle prizes and donation.

I love organising stuff BUT do put a lot of pressue on myself to be perfect (shame i don't adopt the same level of perfection with my posts :p )

last year was amazing we raised £760 and hubby was very much there throughout the day this year he is refusing to go!! I will not be happy with anything less (although all money helps!) my target of £1000 may very well be achieved with patience!

We are going to have some stocks for sponge throwing and I am looking for volunteers (after all I will be very busy on the day :D ) as of yet we have no-one :eek:

risk assessment has been completed but the Council have not yet responded to it so have no idea if its a yay or nay!! grrr

Tomorrow I have taken the day off to meet with our MP to judge the 'scoop the poop' posters. I will upload winners tomorrow and if anyone would like laminated copies I can arrange for these. The posters are amazing although we only had 8 in.

I am also meeting with our councillor who will be providing a marquee with refreshments and bacon baps/hot dogs and pasties get in there :D will be arriving at the venue at 8am and leaving 12 hours later so pasties sound lush!!

Just when I think I have thought of everything something changes or a question is asked. I am certainly missing the support from hubby this year and praying it all goes well. I suppose however organising an event of this scale almost single-handedly is a huge confidence boost - just what I need at the moment :)

Thanks to those who have helped especially hawksport who has been so kind... Jon BDA who has also been kind.

if anyone would like to visit or travel down I can find some dog friendly places to stay...would be nice to see some of you there. Although hubby is being a git one thing I do have this year I didn't make use of last year and that is you lot... thankyou :)

Always looking for suggestions to boost funds and attract the masses :D

4. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

aww thats sweet :) petrol's rediculous isn't it!! no incentive really to pass my driving test. A good mate of mine came down from essex last year but as he has his own business but hes found it hard getting cover this year.

Its little things like last year I was out of work so had the time but this year do not have so much but where I work they are great for advertising and have offered a free banner on the Cornwall/Devon border :D and have offered the use of the loud speaker thing (could probably do well without it anyway!!) agility is sorted, obedience games sorted :D

Just having a complete lack of confidence...need to get myself over it fast!

I know I'll be fine...sometime around the 22nd May at 10pm :D

all good fun, keeps me out of trouble :p

5. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

by the way thanks!! you have been so nice :)

6. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Met with our MP today. She is absolutely amazing. Bark in the Park last year was her first official duty as MP after election. We took about 5 minutes to judge and stayed talking for a while. She will be judging the novelty classes on the day.

Bit more enthusiastic and motivated today :thumbsup:

7. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Been park got muddy but now able to finalise risk assessment and start placing stalls on the site map/plan.

DSCF5472.jpg

DSCF5464.jpg

Bit daunted by the size of the par :eek: lived here all my life and all of a sudden the small park feels massive :(

I hope the muddy bogs have gone by 22nd May :D

8. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

Hows the poster comp going?

9. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

All been judged, waiting for hubby to scan posters so I can pop them on here. a little 5 year old girl won - her poster was amazing!!

10. Gratch

Gratch PetForums VIP

glad you got response :)

11. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Its so big :eek:

not sure what part to use, I filmed whilst walking around and keep watching for inspiration :lol:

lovely walk today - pop the music and headphone on and walked miles with Millie and ran for a good half hour with Buster then wondered into the woods.

May take a tape measure tomorrow :confused:

12. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

To save waiting for hubby to do anything :rolleyes:

I did myself !!!

1st aged 5

[​IMG]

2nd aged 9

[​IMG]

3rd aged 13

[​IMG]

runners up

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. JJAK

JJAK PetForums VIP

I love kids drawings :)

a well deserved winner

14. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Love the third one :p

So unfair I can't come :cryin:

15. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

loved that one too, but she was 8 years older than the other one. I thought the 1st place one gave the message but was sooo cute :D

it was a hard decision :)

16. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

I know getting so nervous now :(

I know what i need to do, just no idea how to do it, when to do it :eek:

Last year seemed easier maybe just putting to much pressure on myself but I am determined its going to be the best dog show of 2011 :D

17. SpringerHusky

I bet, I wish I could help. I've been coaxing some friends to go :lol:

I still want to do one but how the hell I could organize one i'll never know :eek:

18. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Trust me if I can do it a chimp could do it :p :D

19. SpringerHusky

I'll have to have you help me to try and do one before I move :lol:

20. Beagle Mafia

Beagle Mafia Guest

Do we get the help from Galloping Ben? I hope so :p

He can give me a break from the stocks, I am sure he won't mind having sponges chucked at him ;)

I will be doing my 30 minute stint and running home to get changed :D so he can cover my absence :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice