Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bargains anyone? :)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Sorcha, May 18, 2010.

1. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

Hi :)

Well, the title says it all I think. Times are still hard for most of us and so I'm looking for bargains.
    Bargains on anything, food and drink, items for our pets, items for the house and just everything you consider a good buy ;)
    I'm not really in need of diamonds, champagne or mansions in the country, so I'll pass on those, but anything useful you can come up with, put them down here and maybe you'll be able to help me and loads of other people :D
    Thanks so much!!

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Have you tried the moneysavingexpert web site? There are people on there dedicated to bargain hunting. It's saved me a few pennies over the last couple of years!

One thing that I learned from that web site is about vouchers. Did you know that if you get a voucher for something like £5 off a bottle of premium scotch, if you take it to a well known supermarket and they stock the scotch, you don't have to buy the scotch to be able to use the voucher at the till against your normal shopping?

3. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

There's a "money saving tips" thread which is a sticky in this section, could be of use to you ;)

4. Sorcha

Sorcha PetForums Senior

Ohhh silly me :blushing:
    I did a search, for the word bargain, but that was it, sorry!!!
    Thanks for mentioning that site though Aurelia :D

5. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

No problem :)

6. Cleo38

Cleo38 PetForums VIP

Have you been on a Freecycle group near you to look for any specific items? I've just given away a hoover that was only 6 months old. It was in good condition but since we've got a dog it isn't as good as a Dyson. The lady who picked it up was really happy as her husband has just been made redundant so they have limited cash at the moment.
    Also there are loads of web site with vouchers offering money off for supermarkets, etc - just type voucher codes in to Google.

7. Valanita

Valanita PetForums VIP

Car boot sales are brilliant places for bargains & you can haggle the price too.
    I am totally adicted to them.
    Also Charity shops are good places too, some even have designer clothing.
    If you don't mind second hands that is.:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice