Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Barclays Bank!!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jan-c, Nov 16, 2007.

1. jan-c

jan-c Guest

at the beginning of the year I changed banks and closed my account with Barclays. I received a letter from them today and thought I would share it with Everyone.
    Termination Notice​

It is a term of your agreement with the bank that the full amount outstanding on your account is repayable, with interest, on demand at any time. Persuant to that term, the bank hereby terminates your agreement with effect from 27/11/2007 and makes demand for full and immediate payment of the balance on the account (currently £0.27) with affect from that date. In the meantime no further drawings on the account will be permitted. Daily interest charges of £0.00 will accrue from the date shown below untill full payment is made, assuming no change in the interest rate.
    If you do not settle the balance on your account the bank may transfer resposibility for recovery of the debt on to one of its recovery units or agents with a view to taking further action. Additionally, it is the banks intention to register details of the account with credit reference agencies. This may seriously affect your ability to obtain credit.

Well what can I say!!!!! Only that I am glad I had the forsight to leave Barclays at a time when they were going down hill and so financially unstable as to have to persue ex customers in such a way to recover 27pence!!!!!
    I will approach my present bank in the morning to see if I can obtain a loan to pay off this debt:eek:

2. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

heehee, how bassar, i would have to leave it a let them go to recoverey, wonder what the baylifts would take????????????:D

3. Vixen

Vixen PetForums Junior

lol. what losers, what will happen if you dont pay it back? Will the repo men come round?:eek::)

4. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

:eek::eek: hee hee,

5. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

its cost them more to write the letter
    :rolleyes:

6. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

OMG how silly are the banks getting now - after this high court case they will need that 27p LOL

7. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

its a mad world,!!!!!!

8. beurocracy jungle...

9. Magik

Magik Guest

Idiots!!! Reading tht makes me want to lash out...

10. dh.dti

dh.dti Guest

Just take ya tablet, you will be ok in 5 mins
    :p

11. carol

carol PetForums VIP

dont barclays they change accounts on me was with the woolwich then they took over oooohhhh the fun took months to get a new card so could get to my money then for some reason they canceled my loan payment so had them on the phone asking for money
    im really p***ed with barclays
    gonna take all the money out and open a new one with a decent bank

and dont even think of trying to get on to the online banking its total s**t

12. Esined

Esined PetForums VIP

i was with the woolwich aswell, barclays took so long to sort my cards out,
    told my son he had to get a new account for his debit card cos they didnt hold what ever it was he had stopped him useing e-bay for a while which really p.....t him off, funny thing is i dont even recall being given a bl.......... choice:mad:

13. carol

carol PetForums VIP

we wasnt they just sent letter saying going to change the accounts

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice