Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bank Error......

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ClaireLouise, Jun 6, 2010.

1. ClaireLouise

Someone we know bought an item on their creditcard online and the company went bust so they applied to the creditcard for their money back. They sent them a cheque which they cashed but then the bank have credited the amount to the account too. Do you think the bank will realise the error? can they just take the amount back? should they stay quiet? I told them to sit on it abit and see what happens.......... thoughts please lol

2. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

sit and wait lol.

3. ClaireLouise

hahaha I agree DK if the dont spend it then it wont be too bad if they have to give it back........ not sure if they will leave it though....

Cant the bank just take it back???

I think I would feel bad and own up ...... NOT lol

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

they could take it back but i'm not sure if they have to say in writing, like to warn them they have over paid.

5. ClaireLouise

I bet you are right.... I said to them becareful cos if you spend it then they take it back you will be in your over draft and if its an unarranged over draft they will charge you and have the last laugh

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

yeah banks are good at that like ;) probably a plan to get them in debt

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice