Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bangor North Wales- dog friendly?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Picklelily, Sep 20, 2013.

1. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Hi all

With my son at university in Bangor we frequently visit Bangor, Anglesey now we haven't ventured much onto Anglesey other than for walks.

Over the summer we have sat outside pubs to eat as we have yet to find anywhere that allows our dog in.

So does anyone know of dog friendly cafe's and pubs in the area?

Places to visit on wet days would be nice too, although dogs welcome helps a bit with that.

2. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

I don't know Bangor itself all that well, but in North Wales in general I've found that rural, village pubs tend to allow dogs in without question. In the towns it's more likely to be outside only.

This might be worth a look, although it only lists one in Bangor itself, it's got some listings in the surrounding area:
    Doggie Pubs LL57

ETA: The "Fountain Inn" in Betws is actually called the Silver Fountain, and the food is good (our nearest pub).
    And The Old Stag is probably too far out of your way, but it's famous locally, and Harvey, the pub dog is absolutely adorable :)

#2 myshkin, Sep 20, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2013
  3. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Not sure about dog friendly but I loved it when we visited for a family holiday, we spent most of our time on the swan pedal boats :lol:

Thats not helpful at all I know. I was too young to know if it was dog friendly or not when I went.

4. Picklelily

Picklelily PetForums VIP

Yes the area is fantastic before my son went to university in Wales I had never visited- shocking I know.

I was put off by the oh it always rains in Wales well we have been quite a few times now as he is just starting his 2nd year. Its only rained on 1 weekend trip and even then it was beautiful.

Visit Wales needs an advert showing Wales in glorious sunshine to dispel the myths. Fantastic dog walking there too its just a pity all the pubs we have been to so far haven't allowed dogs in.

To me British holiday resorts need to cash in on the fact that people don't want to leave their dog in kennels. Cornwall does a great job of being dog friendly and I hear Brighton does too.

5. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

LOL I was so tired yesterday, I completely forgot to realise the Wales part of your title.. :eek: :crazy:

I've only been to Bangor in Ireland.. Oops. :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice