UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Does she enjoy the time off? Never taken my kitty to a cattery (she's been with us just for a little under 2 months now.) but heard they don't really enjoy the experience much.

What are you carrying in the suitcase? :)

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Does she enjoy the time off? Never taken my kitty to a cattery (she's been with us just for a little under 2 months now.) but heard they don't really enjoy the experience much.

What are you carrying in the suitcase? :)
She's only been once before & I was worried about her going in, but the owner said she was really relaxed & enjoyed getting lots of cuddles and attention & that she was very chatty, which she is so I know that's a good sign. Yes it's not as good as being at home, but she was fine.
As for the suitcase, when she had her jabs last week the vet said she's got a bit of tartar on her teeth so I'm giving her some Hills dental food with her meals (as well as cleaning her teeth) so I'm putting some in a tin in her suitcase with some treats for them to give with her meals. The case is a bit of a joke between me & my OH tbh, I'm sure the staff at the cattery will think I've lost the plot :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
I do understand that some cats may not like going to a cattery and every person has their own system, some have friends or family come in, others hire catsitters, for us we have no friends/family local enough and as we are renting we aren't allowed to hire strangers to catsit, so we have opted for the cattery option. Fortunately our cats really enjoy going to the cattery and seem to have a blast every time. It doesn't hurt that they get spoiled rotten by the owners, they get 10x the amount of treats we would normally get them, and as the cattery is sort of 'open air' they really have a nice time seeing all of the wildlife. They have never seemed overly stressed about having been away and just are extra-clingy when we get back--not something I mind very much! :D

Edit: Forgot to wish Bandit and yourself a fantastic holiday!!

·
Dad to Puss Puss and Shadow
4,844 Posts
Have a good holiay Bandit and to you too Pete :D

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks everyone, yes we're looking forward to getting away for a bit, we've got a week in a cottage in Suffolk. I've never been there before, but it looks nice, lots of seaside towns.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.