UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sasha my two year old chihuhuha X JR was spayed and had her back daw claws removed on Friday.

The naughty litle so and so has nibbled the stitches on one paw. Called the vets just to check and they say it all sounds fine but to wrap it up if she continues.

Well I think that time may of come. The only thing I can think of is to cut a finger from a glove and then tape it down with Micropore - anyone else got any ideas???

Thanks in advance.

G

·
Do you have any prem baby socks and cohesive bandage? I used to put the socks on the back feet of my littlest and use cohesive bandage to keep them on so she couldn't scratch her neck, they may work to keep the little munchkin from getting at the stitches.

·
Registered
8,287 Posts
And yes, we have used fingers from gloves very successfully on a bunny with sore feet, so well done for thinking of that. Micropore also worked well for holding it in place.

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Sasha my two year old chihuhuha X JR was spayed and had her back daw claws removed on Friday.

The naughty litle so and so has nibbled the stitches on one paw. Called the vets just to check and they say it all sounds fine but to wrap it up if she continues.

Well I think that time may of come. The only thing I can think of is to cut a finger from a glove and then tape it down with Micropore - anyone else got any ideas???

Thanks in advance.
Ive used kids cotton socks fixed with micropore tape before now but for a chi/jack you may struggle to find them small enough.

There is a tube gauze tube type bandage that you used to get in all sizes including a finger size one boots and other chemists used to do them. To show you or give you an idea found this
Tubegauze - Tube-Gauze - Tubigauze - Sterogauze - Fingerbobs - FingerCots

That might work with micropore tape.

With bandages though to feet and legs you always need to make sure it isnt too tight and restrictive as the femoral artery runs down the leg and you can cut off circulation and cause swelling which can be dangerous, so you should always ensure its not too tight and check it regularly several times a day.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ive used kids cotton socks fixed with micropore tape before now but for a chi/jack you may struggle to find them small enough.

There is a tube gauze tube type bandage that you used to get in all sizes including a finger size one boots and other chemists used to do them. To show you or give you an idea found this
Tubegauze - Tube-Gauze - Tubigauze - Sterogauze - Fingerbobs - FingerCots

That might work with micropore tape.

With bandages though to feet and legs you always need to make sure it isnt too tight and restrictive as the femoral artery runs down the leg and you can cut off circulation and cause swelling which can be dangerous, so you should always ensure its not too tight and check it regularly several times a day.
Thanks I also thought of the finger bandage last night. Not had to to resort to any bandage as yet but need options in case it comes to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.