Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Ban The Sale Of Kittens From Pet Shops

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by Truman, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Truman

Truman PetForums Junior

2. Angelic1

Angelic1 PetForums Member

Could not agree more!!! Just signed petition. :thumbsup:

3. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Signed the petition!

It's disgusting that kittens are still sold in pet shops.

4. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Agreed, is there one for puppies too?

5. Truman

Truman PetForums Junior

I don't know of one for puppies but there definitely should be. The plight of the dogs and puppies in puppy factories is heartbreaking. I hope that something positive comes out of the Sky news article although sadly many people have campaigned to change things in the past and it still goes on. See the WAG website for info: WAG - Waterside Action Group and the Hillside Farm website: Hillside animal sanctuary

6. Cat Lover Chris

Cat Lover Chris PetForums Member

Sadly, if you got to Spain, you will find pet shops still selling kittens and puppies! Over there, they do not love animals in the way the English do!
    To them, they are just a commodity.

7. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I had a shock when I went to a Sunday market in Bangkok, some of them are kept in awful conditions there :eek:

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Signed!

A pet shop we had sold them years ago. He was a lovely man and the cats were always in lovely condition. I often spent hours there playing with them. Of course he's gone out business now. Thankfully I have never found another petshop that sells kittens.

9. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

just signed. funnily enuff i was in a local pet shop yesterday and there was a little black kitten. looks so bored in a crate. i wish i cudda bought it but you dunno if your doin more harm payin for it as it jst encourages them to sell them. i had to walk out b4 i gave them a piece of my mind.

10. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

Signed up.

Saying that the cat I have now is from a Pet Shop, she was only there an hour and we had her home. She looked after them really well, but were never there for very long. We tried to get on the waiting list for a kitten at the cat and dog shelter, and that was 2 years ago, and have never heard anything from them.

11. ruthmcnally

ruthmcnally PetForums Member

There is a pet shop in leeds that sell kittens and puppies my pal went there and said that it was clean and they looked well fed, these days you don't seem to find many pet shops selling kittens or pups anymore, maybe a handful.

12. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

There's one where we live in Essex. They were advertising Ragdoll kittens for £400 so I went in and asked if they had papers and she said they were half Ragdoll and half something else. What worries me is that you never see anyone playing with them, not that I'm in there that often, and I wonder what happens at night?

13. Biawhiska

Biawhiska PetForums VIP

I wonder where some of these Pet Shops get their kittens from :confused: I wonder if people sell them to the Pet Shops to make a quick buck? :confused: It's cr*p that some Pedigree Breeders sell their Kittens to Harrods! :(

14. Kimt

Kimt PetForums Newbie

I haven't seen kittens or puppies in pet shops, didn't know they still did this. It should definitly be banned - So just off to sign petition.

15. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

There is a shop in Huddersfield that sells them my daughter begged me to get her one so I waited till we were outside and explained why I would never buy one from a pet shop, we went back in today and my daughter loudly told my son that although they felt sorry for the poor little kittens if we bought one it would only encourage the shop to get more and they might have come from cruel circumstances, I was proud of her but we nearly got kicked out :D. Signed the petition.

16. thompsonk

thompsonk PetForums Member

Your daughter is great!

xx

17. ellie8024

ellie8024 PetForums VIP

i know someone who sold their kittens to a pet shop last year they got £25 for the kittens (2 white and 1 black) and the pet shop were selling them at 120 each. this is someone whos cat i helped, got it nutered and returned it to the family who did love the cat but their elderly mother who lives with them kept letting the cat out no matter how much we explained things to her

18. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

It really upsets me seeing kittens in petshops, my local petshop is selling some ginger moggies for £150 and are advertising breeding more kittens of all colours and to order the colour you want :eek: :( petition signed and sent to lots of people!!!

19. Truman

Truman PetForums Junior

Many thanks everyone who has signed. We are now at 501 signatures.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice