Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

bamboo

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by fishy5, Jul 12, 2009.

1. fishy5

fishy5 PetForums Junior

Hi everybody:D what treatments do you put bamboo through if you want to put it in your fish tank?

thanks

chris:eek:ut:

2. Chillinator

Chillinator Guest

Bamboo will rot very easily, I have tried to seal it using pond sealant however I found it difficult to seal all of the cracks. I know of one person who has successfully used it by filling the poles with airstones.

3. Amy-manycats

Amy-manycats PetForums Senior

I have never tried it but you can apparently you can coat in ina polyurethane varnish make sure there are no fungicides listed in the ingredients. It will not last forever. Also remember it will float so you will probably need to silicone it to the base of the aquarium or some heavy safe sones. Sorry if I am teaching a granny to suck eggs but you need to be sure you use aquariun silicoe and let it dry fully before you submerge it.

Amy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice