Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bambi in paradise

Discussion in 'Rainbow Bridge' started by Nini1996, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Nini1996

Nini1996 PetForums Newbie

upload_2019-1-14_18-21-37.jpeg

Hi all,
    My heart is aching, so badly. This cat above was not an ordinary cat. She was a healer, a friend, a trusting companion. Her personality and her intelligence always shocked the people who visited us. She was so loving and smart. She was my main source of happiness in life. She’d always sit on my lap looking at my face purring, so much full of love and trust.

Last night she went out as she normally does. After a few hours we started calling her back home. She didn’t respond. We thought she’d be somewhere wandering as that’s what she does. She’s always cautious so I didn’t think too much of it. Fast forward to this morning, our neighbours brought her to us, her lifeless body wrapped in a towel inside a box. They were also clearly distressed and said they found her on the street last night bleeding. She was unconscious. I took her to the vet immdiately just to see if there is any chance they could revive her. There wasn’t. I’m hurting so bad. I can’t help but blame myself for this. If only I had called her in earlier. If only I didn’t let her out. I wish it was me rather than her, I really do. I rescued her when she was abandoned on the streets for six months. She was meant to have a long, healthy life with us...and then she’s gone, just like that.

Is there anything I can do to stop this pain? Anything would help because my mind is just going in the worst directions possible. I can’t accept life without her. It hurts.

2. Tiggers

Tiggers PetForums Senior

When any pet is lost, there is always guilt and an aching void of pain. The pain will ease with time. Be consoled with the knowledge that you loved your cat and gave her a wonderful life. Loved pets that have passed are never really far from us xxx

kimthecat likes this.
  3. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Sleep well , Bambi.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice