Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bakewell show

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by aurora, Jul 27, 2009.

1. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

Just wondered if anyone is going, we are there on the wednesday hopefully the weather will be good:)

2. waggytailsstore

waggytailsstore PetForums Senior

Hi There:) We'll be at the show down near the dog show, come and say hello, fingers crossed for good weather!

3. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I would like to go and was thinking about carrying Otto as he can't be on the ground until Aug 14th but I decided it wasn't worth the stress and damage to my back!
    I'll be going to the Chatsworth one though.

4. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

Hi Laura,

hope to see you there, god hope it dosent rain next wednesday like its done to day we will all be washed out :eek:hmy:

5. waggytailsstore

He's a beauty, we'll be at Chatsworth as well, hope you can come and say hello!

6. waggytailsstore

Wasn't yesterday awful, didn't stop all day, hoping Emley won't be too boggy to set up tomorrow, looking forward to Bakewell as well, :)

7. waggytailsstore

Just bumping this up as it's tomorrow, please come and say hi!

8. pommum

pommum PetForums Senior

I'm at Paignton tomorrow so wont be going to Bakewell, th elast time I did Bakewell Arwin was only a pup and it was roasting hot with no were to get out of the heat, Arwin won BPIB and BOB that year and by the time the group was done she was really struggling with the heat and ended up going in the ring with a damp coat were we had sparayed her down with water to cool her off otherwise she would have ended up in the vets with heatstroke, not done the show since. Lets hope the rain stops for tomorrows shows.

take care and good luck to those going to either of the two shows.

Sarah

9. waggytailsstore

Good Luck at Paignton tomorrow Sarah, it's a bit boggy at Bakewell we've just finished setting up, a few stands have had to be moved because of mud, but on the whole it's not bad, all the dog stands are down by the dog show, we're right next to One Stop Dog Shop, and Woofs World is just across from us. Phew, taking the wellies off now and keeping all fingers and toes crossed for good weather for the next couple of days!

10. waggytailsstore

BRING YOUR WELLIES IT'S VERY BOGGY!:D:D:D

11. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

Hi Laura,

we were glad of the welly's, can't really leave home with out them these days, the fishing umbrella came in useful as well. Poppy enjoyed her treats, persuaded her to share them with Meg and Pip. Thank You:)

Had a lovely drive home, the sun was shinning lovely and the scenery is very lovely around there.

Hope that the car park hold's up for tomorrow we did a bit spinning getting off, but managed ok.

See you soon

Anne x

12. waggytailsstore

Hi Anne

Well done with Poppy and your very welcome to the treats and glad she decided to share!

We're setting off again in a minute and hopefully the sun will be kind to us today, Bakewell is such a beautiful setting but I haven't managed to get off to get a tart!

Here's to another good day at the show.

13. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

I'm glad to hear the show's going well so far, if a bit boggy! I'm there once a month for the farmer's market (mmmmm.....sausages!) so I saw it all being set up last week. It's such a shame Otto isn't old enough to walk but is too heavy to carry, but I'm sure we'll be there next year.

Laura, don't get caught calling them tarts in Bakewell, they're called puddings round there and the locals can be quite protective! :wink5:

14. Captain.Charisma

Captain.Charisma PetForums VIP

They had a nice big dog showing section today, anyone from here go ? :D

I got talking to a couple of Akita owners, they were HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE but ever so soft though. Still wouldnt like to break into there house still :S :p

15. aurora

aurora PetForums Senior

hi yes we went, showing our border terriers, Poppy had a reserve in Post graduate and a 2nd in AV Terrier, so was pleased. Meg had to stay at home as she had come in season, typical :)

we had a lovely day, and talked to lots of people both from the dog show section and people who had a great love of dogs in general or wanted to know more about the breed.

hope the car park held up it was pretty wet and soggy yesterday when we left.

there is another bakewell show thread started on here, perhaps one of the mods can merge them up:)

16. claire

claire Guest

We almost went but decided against it i the end, i bet it was busy

17. Captain.Charisma

Aww, lovely:) I think it was a great show, loved it. (not just for dogs, but as a whole).

Omg, we has help up for a good 40 mins in the car park. But we was right at the back car park, and there was no marshaling the cars out. Insted it was like a royal rumbel of cars, all trying to nudge there way out :p

I also was asking people about dog breeds, and found it helpful doing my research. I really like Akita, i just dont know wether they are a bit to big for me or not :S

and theres another thread ? oh really, sorry i will look for it :)

18. Captain.Charisma

Yehhh, it was really busy. There was massive tailbacks along the A6 too, the road was chocker :p

19. Acacia86

Acacia86 PetForums VIP

I love Akitas :001_wub: but then i am a sucker for big breeds anyway!

20. Captain.Charisma

Haha, lmao !!!!!!!

Theres bakwell tarts and bakwell puddings :), dont worry some of us arent so mardy....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice