Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bailey's Trolley Fear - Making Progress.

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by EmzieAngel, Jul 31, 2009.

1. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

I've just walked Bailey for about an hour or so.
    Walked round this huge block, but kind of near my house, the old lady was sat with her trolley and to get home, I would have had to go past her.
    Bailey kicked up a fuss, so I sat down next to the lady and started talking to her, Bailey sat at my other side, he looked quite scared, but then cheered up as there was people going by.

He decided he didn't want to go near the lady or trolley, so after about 20 minutes, the lady said she was going. I waited for a couple of minutes and then followed her, Bailey tried to pull back, but as I had his head collar on him (he wasn't able to get out of it), I was able to coax him forward and praised him when he did. We then reached the woman and although with struggles, I walked along side her with Bailey and he did really well, he was still very weary, but when he came along and followed he was really great.

So maybe next time I bump in to her, I can try him again and hopefully make more progree.
    x

2. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Sounds like you are making good progress.

Have you ever tried getting the woman to give him a treat?

3. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

No I haven't, at the time I was wishing I had some treats on me, next time I will definately take some as I'm sure I will see her again.

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Might help if he can associate her with something nice.

Does she ever talk to him and make a fuss of him?

5. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

She talks to him all the time, she can't fuss him much cos he won't always go near her.
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice