Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Bailey Is A Changed Dog =D

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by EmzieAngel, Jun 30, 2009.

1. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Apart from his fears out walking, but it's getting sorted.

Went away for a week and my brother's girlfriend's auntie looked after Bailey for 6 days then as they were going away they dropped him off at my brother's girlfriend's house and her mum and brother looked after him for two days.

They kept him in his pen still and he was very well behaved for them. However, he chewed up his dishes, which might have been something to do with him being at different peoples houses as he has never done that here. Nothing to worry about though, as he's stopped doing it now we're home.

He's a lot calmer than he was, which is great, he still goes on his mad ones every now and then, but I don't think he is calm just due to the heat, so fingers crossed he'll stay calm lol.

So we thought we'd take him out of his pen now on a night and through the day when he is left, as we think it's the right time to do so after all the moving about and he's now a year old. So he has a plastic basket things with his huge bed in it and he's already accustomed to it, goes in there no problem without being told.

So during the day he has access to the kitchen, hallway and he can get up the stairs, but all the doors are closed.

The first two nights we tried him without his pen it was great until the middle of the night he just wandered up the stairs and into my mum's room [my mum keeps her door open at night] however he just licked my mum and slept on her bed, then on the floor and back on her bed lol. The second night, he pretty much did the same but it was at 4am and this is the time it starts to get light and the birds are singing, so he might have thought it was time to get up. Obviously we can't let him do that forever, so last night we restricted his access to the kitchen, with a gate, rather than shutting the door and he was absolutely fine.

So I'm really pleased with that. So all in all a happy, well behaved dog, who didn't seem to miss me too much lol.
    x

2. rona

rona Guest

That's great, it's probably helped with his nervousness too hopefully :D

3. alphadog

alphadog PetForums VIP

That's good to hear, sounds like he's been well looked after - you're very lucky!
    :)

4. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Thats great news!

I may have missed it, but did you get a trolley in the end?

5. EmzieAngel

EmzieAngel PetForums VIP

Thanks Nonnie!
    We did get a trolley and it has helped a little.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice